1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arrow Reached 1st Page on Google from 3rd page for HP keyword with one change in content

Hi friends,

This is my 2nd case study about keyword alteration.

People who believe Page Rank is important please look at this, for my site -page rank is ZERO.
    People who say Domain Age is important please check out this, my domain is just 5 months old.
    People who say Domain Authority is important read this.
    People who think Back Link score decides ranking- my back link score is very low.

After I reached 3rd page I did some competitor analysis and have just reduced the keyword density by seeing the changes on the keyword ranking this made a tremendous change.

Now I am very happy to say that I have reached 1st Page on Google for the keyword How to get rid of dandruff naturally
    My blog= Holistic Doctor Online

The changes I have done.
    The number of keywords I have removed.

Naturally=2
    Dandruff=1

Also removed 2 Tags for which I have not ranked yet.

My blog is just 5 months old and I reached 1st page, So domain age is not important to reach first page.
    Also I have very less back links.
    page rank=0.

In my case only keyword and content did this.

I think this thread will help new bloggers, because I also learned all this methods through forums.
    Try reducing one keyword and see the ranking difference for post which has high keyword density.

Thanks.
    If you have any queries post on the comment box, friends.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Good job...

How do you know your page rank? I thought the tool bar had stopped updating it long ago ;)
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi Richardson,

Congratulations on your ranking improvement

I don't really want to get into this discussion (because you sound as if you have convinced yourself already), but...

I see you on page 2 for that term (at #12 - ignoring the YouTube videos).

This search term has 607k results (so is not highly-competitive by any means, so fluctuation will be much more noticeable).

A site can rank in google for a wide variety of reasons. Just because you don't have page rank... (As Ann asked: How do you know what your page rank is? Nobody else does!) does not mean that it isn't important.
    The same thing applies to Domain Age, Authority and backlinks.

As much as I think "Domain Authority" is bs, your "test" does not "prove" that; it simply reinforces the argument that you can rank well without it.

If you believe that a small keyword/content-change followed by a jump in rankings are "cause and effect", that's up to you. But since you cannot be certain unless you repeat the exercise a number of times and get the same results every time, I would hesitate to preach your success to others... (It might be short-lived)!
    I hope not, but you might be well-advised to consider the possibility that you are jumping to conclusions (until you have proven your theory with more than one test).
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jul 19th, 2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: cross-posted with Ann; edited accordingly.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  7. No Profile Picture

I checked with the help of ranksignal.com
  9. No Profile Picture

Yes my friend, like you said fluctuation is more.
    Its not a high volume keyword but How to get rid of dandruff is.

I used Ranksignal to check Page rank.

"ut since you cannot be certain unless you repeat the exercise a number of times and get the same results every time, I would hesitate to preach your success to others... (It might be short-lived)!"

I repeated this method to my post How to reduce weight naturally which is now on the 3rd page.
    waiting to see the result.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Richardson
    I checked with the help of ranksignal.com
    I wanted to have a look at this but it seems to require HTTP authentication?
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Just looked at this thread....

Seems you meant ranksignals.com, you left off the "s".

The page rank they provide is so totally inaccurate. I checked older sites, brand new sites and believe me the PR they tell you is "BS". If anything it is a best guess estimate based on unknown signals, or they have a copy of published PR prior to Google removing PR from the public. Of the few sites I checked a few projects reported a PR-5.... wow if it were only true. I would have a few PR 5 sites I could drive links from, but alas I know it's "BS".

As far as your rankings I agree with ClickyB. I also think you have some how got personalized results. I see from your twitter you are in India, and your site is hosted in Lincoln GB. It's an easy mistake to view personalized results. So unless you are actually in England or using a proxy in England to check rankings, I don't think it's a mixing of ip related local results. Best bet is you forgot to logout of your google accounts when checking your rankings, especially if you use Google Analytics, an easy mistake.

Using Rank Tracker I got the following.....

Don't stop what you're doing, just don't misinterpret the data, you. You apparently are moving up in the SERPs.

I just don't think you have deduced the cause and effect properly.

PS. I think the folks at that site use PR as a selling hook, I suppose it hooks folks that don't know PR has been removed from the public's eye.
    I also use programs that attempt to derive PR from current signals, but at best they are approximations. Use them accordingly !!!
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jul 22nd, 2017 at 02:34 PM.