1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ranking parameters better than competitor but still not good on SERP

Hi,

I have checked ranking parameters from SEOQuake and it seems better than some of our competitors.

Need experts opinion on how can I improve my Search engine ranking in spite having good ranking parameters.

URL is www.https.in

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In today's World of SEO, good ranking factors simply are not enough. Sure, you can have a quick website that is secured with HTTPS and all of these other factors, but it is all useless if you can not keep your visitors on the website. Google is now as good (if not better) at absorbing the content that is on our websites than we are! So we need to ensure that the content on the sites we are marketing is high-quality, and will be useful to the consumers we are targeting. If a site has a high bounce-rate, Google will rank the site lower.

If you wanted to drop me an email, I can give you some free advice for you. <snip>

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Chedders; Sep 4th, 2017 at 08:50 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I looked at your site and viewed the page source code, saw some things from the old days when any link would do...
    So I ran a backlink check and it's not a pretty picture....

You have a 100% completely "Un-Natural" backlink profile. If I can see it, then Google can see it too!
    Clean it up if you can is my advice ! You may want to farm this work out. Good luck with this.

Notice that everything in "Blue" is linked to your site, also there is another I didn't capture.
    This is link spam, which I think Google recognizes as such.
    the link for this is here ( notice delinked ) >>>>> csoonline.in/features/steps-prevent-ransomware-attack

Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 4th, 2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling correction
  7. No Profile Picture

@knowOneSpecial, Thanks for that inputs...I will surely have that article sanitised properly.
    If you can help me understand few thing...what do you mean by un-natural ?...can you tell me which tool do I have to use in order to check this ?

And most importantly what are the other things do I have to take care about...?

Domain and page authorities are far better than my competitors (they have domain auth of 12 and my website has 25)

Thanks.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by placedigit
    If you can help me understand few thing...what do you mean by un-natural ?...can you tell me which tool do I have to use in order to check this ?
    The fact that all of your backlinks pass juice is the "Un-Natural" part. There really should be more "nofollow" in your backlink profile. If all your links are do follow as your are, it looks like you are trying to manipulate Google's Search Engine. I think it, Google thinks it.... You get the picture now?

Edited to add
    I used SEO Spyglass, but you can use any reputable tool, ahrefs, moz etc etc.....also your Google Search Console account should also help here. You do have a GSC account don't you ??

Originally Posted by placedigit
    Domain and page authorities are far better than my competitors (they have domain auth of 12 and my website has 25)
    The metrics DA and PA, if that is what you are referring to when you say your domain auth, is a Moz metric and is built upon the acquiring of backlinks. So you went as it appears on a link building campaign and your rankings have suffered. Learn the lesson here. Increasing your DA by creating back links can hurt you if you do it wrong, in your case you have, just my opinion.

So in your eagerness to acquire links to increase your rankings and DA, you have acquired some toxic links... let me also add your corporate mother site is easy to track down. Understand that Google has probably already made the connection between the sites. So those links have probably been devalued as well, also the links from the mother site show a risk penalty, you may want to remove them.

then you

Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 5th, 2017 at 06:40 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture

@KnowOneSpecial, thanks a lot for your quick inputs here...you are doing fabulous work by guiding members...yes I do have GSC linked to this website. Will try to remove any harmful links as when I come across.
    Increasing your DA by creating back links can hurt you if you do it wrong, in your case you have, just my opinion.
    what according to you should be the approach now to rank better ?Again.. Thanks a lot.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well of course links help a lot ... we all know that, but getting the rights ones is the issue.

I would take some of those images you have on your home page and possibly recreate your main navigation and incorporate the images in your navigation. Then you could create good content to replace those images on your home page. Not saying remove them all from the page, but if you put them in your navigation, you can laden them with keyword rich links to inner pages.

You may want to create a comparison page for all your SSL providers, but I would give each SSL provider an individual page for starters.

Go out and create some links on Yellowpages, Whitepages etc etc... this will create a lot of no follow links and will also generate "Traffic".
    Traffic being the most valuable part, if you get my meaning here.
  15. No Profile Picture

You may want to create a comparison page for all your SSL providers, but I would give each SSL provider an individual page for starters.
    Yes I have individual pages for each ssl providers under the name of SSL Brands.

I will start focusing on building NOFOLLOW links now. Also do let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Chedders; Sep 9th, 2017 at 04:27 AM.