1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

On-Page & Internal Linking

Hi,

I'm building a site for a pest control company and we cover lots o different areas and we have lots of landing
    pages for these areas. When using anchor text for internal linking to other pages will Google penalize me for
    keyword stuffing if I use the method as shown in the picture I've attached or is it just better to anchor text
    link the name of the area alone? Let me know guys thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/lo4O3
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Looks spammy to me and not required, the page is about rat control so repeating it over and over is just stuffing.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. No Profile Picture

They are links that go through to specific landing pages, so 'Rat Control Alford' is a link that goes through to a page specifically about 'Rat Control Alford' etc I'm asking will Google see it as keyword stuffing if they are links not just text
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by JoeSEO
    They are links that go through to specific landing pages, so 'Rat Control Alford' is a link that goes through to a page specifically about 'Rat Control Alford' etc I'm asking will Google see it as keyword stuffing if they are links not just text
    I'd say you're already walking a tightrope so wouldn't push it.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by IvanDrago
    I'd say you're already walking a tightrope so wouldn't push it.
    A tightrope in what sense? Our home page is optimised for the city our office is in and then we have landing
    pages for areas based around us. We are now doing specific pest landing pages for specific areas
  11. Contributing User

A tightrope in what sense? Our home page is optimised for the city our office is in and then we have landing
    pages for areas based around us. We are now doing specific pest landing pages for specific areas
    By tightrope I mean you're in a bit of a grey area between white and black hat methods.

Take a random landing page for example, Grimsby:

In just over 200 words, "pest control" is repeated a whopping 12 times including in headers, titles.

Some sentences like "If you require a pest control Grimsby company that..." doesn't read well, the keyword is forced in.

The other pages are also very similar in content and equally as thin, so there's a risk these could be seen as doorway pages.

Other things like bolding your keywords and using meta keywords will do nothing to help, and quite a few links go to the same location pages (e.g Holbeach goes to Boston).
  13. No Profile Picture

Ok, so we need to take out some of the pest control stuff, no problem. When writing content for the landing pages what would you suggest? Although the bold doesn't have any value it can have value for the reader? Also the areas that go to same location pages i.e Holbeach to Boston, they are areas where we don't have technicians based but are covered by the Boston technician for example, so they are on the doorstep of the area pages they go to.

In terms of the content if we mention the main keyword once in the H1 and then have a LSI keyword in the H2 would along with our title and description tags would this suffice?

It can be quite difficult to find content to write about when it comes to area landing pages any tips?
  15. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

have a read of this recent post I put a few ideas in there but also please read the word of warning as well.
    multi-city ranking
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  17. No Profile Picture

Ok, so we need to take out some of the pest control stuff, no problem. When writing content for the landing pages what would you suggest? Although the bold doesn't have any value it can have value for the reader? Also the areas that go to same location pages i.e Holbeach to Boston, they are areas where we don't have technicians based but are covered by the Boston technician for example, so they are on the doorstep of the area pages they go to.

In terms of the content if we mention the main keyword once in the H1 and then have a LSI keyword in the H2 would along with our title and description tags would this suffice?

It can be quite difficult to find content to write about when it comes to area landing pages any tips?
    Hi

When you are writing on-page content, just make sure that the keyword density should not exceed 2%. It should be between 1.5% to 2%. Yes, you can use your main keyword in H1 tag and then you can add the LSI keywords in H2 and content. Your Meta Title, Meta Description, and H1, H2 tags contribute in seo ranking. Also, use alt tags in your images and optimize your website images. I hope this answer would help you.
  19. Contributing User

Some good advice from Chedders above.

Case studies of the work you've done for people in a particular area would be another thing to write about, particularly on any recognisable public buildings.

I'd also take any links off the home page that don't have their own unique destinations, just mention these in the main area page (e.g we also serve town a, village b etc).

Could I ask is this your own site or a client of yours?
    Last edited by IvanDrago; Oct 11th, 2017 at 04:42 AM.