Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Page Authority 1

After a bit of help on understanding the Page Authority of some of my pages

I have just updated my website with SEO in mind and have managed to place on page 1 of google for most of my chosen keywords (low competition , good traffic words)
    which in itself has been a great achievement for me (this happened within 24 hours) some pages though are on page 6 or 7 even though they have similar layout, keyword density (not identical apart from the layout different content)

Curious first of all about the pages that have ranked substantially lower with the same formula (they beat all competitors on page 1 for keyword density, SEO score etc, no keyword stuffing)
    will they move towards page one as the months pass? Curious why some ranked page 1 but others arent even close even though theres little competition for my chosen keywords

Now my main question, my root domain homepage currently has a DA score of 14 and PA score of 28. All of my sub pages are linked from my main page.
    I was under the impression spreading the link juice this way would help the other pages inherit scores from my main page but all of my sub
    pages (despite ranking on page 1) have a PA score of 1 which is very low!

Appreciate any help on understanding why some pages have ranked so low for my targetted keywords and havnt inherited any PA from my root page?

thanks !
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Firstly I have to point out DA & PA are not google scoring, thats a moz guess and does not take things into account like google penalties, disavow files on sites etc linking to you. So I am afraid it should only be used a guide.
    You could score a DA of 100 on Moz but don't rank on google, they are different companies and google does not take any notice of what they are reporting.

However it is a guide and for now that's all we have since google took away the PR toolbar just don't depend on it.

On to your question though.
    Link juice is a simple equation, if you know the PR of a page or in this case the PA. You take all the links on the page which include menus footers etc and divide the PA by that number, that's the amount that will be passed to the receiving page. Google also keep a little but lets forget that for now.

That graphic just shows the link juice being passed to the pages from 3 links on a home page.

I am unsure of the Moz scoring system but with page rank it was not a linear curve, so 2 links from PR1 pages do not make a PR2 page. You would need at least 10 to create a PR2 page.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees : Agree. People should not use these metrics if they don't know what they are.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks this makes a lot of sense. I have approx 22 links on my homepage so this only gives PA of 1.2 to each page, so that looks about right with what MOZ is scoring
  7. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by dwallis2012
    thanks this makes a lot of sense. I have approx 22 links on my homepage so this only gives PA of 1.2 to each page, so that looks about right with what MOZ is scoring
    It could be somehow or not but my question is why are you curious about this? In reality, I am sure that your audiences who are passionate about your niche will not care about these matrixes
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    It could be somehow or not but my question is why are you curious about this? In reality, I am sure that your audiences who are passionate about your niche will not care about these matrixes
    I am mainly trying to find reasons some of my pages arent ranking for low competition keywords while others are.
    I am a wedding photographer and I have a page for each wedding/venue. Some of the weddings/venue pages I have made it to page one after just 24 hours while others that are
    designed the same way are way down google for my chosen keywords(even though the SEO and keyword density etc are much better than competitors)
    The only thing I can think of is Page Authority that could be affecting the results
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

heres an example

1) This page ranks on page 1 for Royal Toby Wedding leonardo-studios.com/manchester-wedding-photographer/royal-toby-weddings
    2) This page ranks way down on page 3 for Ruthin Castle Weddings leonardo-studios.com/north-wales-wedding-photographer/wedding-photographer-ruthin-castle-norway
    3) This page ranks on page 6 for Peckforton Castle Wedding leonardo-studios.com/cheshire-wedding-photographer/peckforton-castle-wedding

not sure why they are so far down when I can get other pages to page 1 fairly easily
  13. Dinosaur

well for a start off, your keyword stuffing.
    Forget keyword density, that was sort of killed about 10 years or so ago. its not a metric that you should be overly concerned with, just write naturally.

If you have a look, you are killing your site with large images and repeating your target keyword on every image within the alt tag.
    Whilst its great your using the alt tag, you would be amazed how many people dont, it should be used to describe the image in a short sentence. Yes you can work in your keywords into it but each image should be different. Else it would be the same image. You are really missing a lot of opportunity to rank for other longer tail phrases.
    Google will take notice of the first 1 or 2 but it gets fed up really quick when its just repeated.

Feel free to use my free tool to have a look yourself in my footer.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees
  15. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

It seems that you are physically available at Golborne, Warrington, London so you should optimize your site locally.

But before start working on this you should go throug with

Google Maps Optimization and Local SEO

There are some local directories are added on the below link in your locations that will also help you to generate some citations for your sites. late on you can use this.

25 Free UK Business Listing Directories to Super Boost your Page Rank

I can recommend many tasks for you but you are new user so i must say spend some thime and read some threads from below links then come up with specific queries.

The "Great Threads" Thread

Also follow Chadders advice
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks I have been anaylizing competitors websites who rank #1 on google in my area they even rank higher than the venues own websites. I anaylized the sites and they seem to keep their keyword density below 6% which is the figure I have been working with

I know I use a lot of images, but this is necessary since the purpose of my website primarily is to display my work to customers. I have got the individual images as small as possible using photoshop before there is a noticeable degradation in image quality (these are all originally 40mb+ per image down to around 150-200kb)

I understand all the image alt tags are similar or the same but i find it extremely difficult to write 50 different descriptions per page

I will take a look at your Page Explorer tool
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for the info

I am already registered for Moz Local which takes care of most of the listing sites, I will take a look on those directories (and also check the DA / PA score to make sure they arent being penalized before I list!)
  21. Dinosaur

If your a photoshop user then use save for web which will drastically the file size. Also your images are bigger in pixels than your using and resizing them using CSS.
    1 image I looked at was being displayed at 400 x 267 pixels but your file is 750 x 500 pixels, so reducing the size of these images in dimensions and using save for web would drastically alter the file sizes.
    This has a knock on effect that your pages load faster, (better for users) google will load more pages when it crawls your site (better for indexing)
  23. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

1 image I looked at was being displayed at 400 x 267 pixels but your file is 750 x 500 pixels, so reducing the size of these images in dimensions and using save for web would drastically alter the file sizes.
    This has a knock on effect that your pages load faster, (better for users) google will load more pages when it crawls your site (better for indexing)
    I totally agree with chedders, Your site is really slow to load.

You also use multiple h1 tags wich is wrong ( at least on https://www.leonardo-studios.com/che...castle-wedding )

On your homepage your use of keywords in your headings looks very spammy

<H1> Warrington Wedding Photographer </H1>
    <H2> Warrington Wedding Photographer in Golborne, Warrington </H2>
    <H2> Award winning Warrington Wedding Photographer Covering the whole UK </H2>
    <H3> Want to book us as your Warrington Wedding Photographer? </H3>
    <H3> Check my availabilty </H3>
    <H3> Warrington Wedding Photography Cheshire </H3>
    <H3> Other Wedding Photography </H3>
    <H3> View some of our favourite weddings </H3>

You do not use microdata, Microdata can be very useful for local ranking as Local business type provides localized data
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    I totally agree with chedders, Your site is really slow to load.

You also use multiple h1 tags wich is wrong ( at least on https://www.leonardo-studios.com/che...castle-wedding )

On your homepage your use of keywords in your headings looks very spammy

<H1> Warrington Wedding Photographer </H1>
    <H2> Warrington Wedding Photographer in Golborne, Warrington </H2>
    <H2> Award winning Warrington Wedding Photographer Covering the whole UK </H2>
    <H3> Want to book us as your Warrington Wedding Photographer? </H3>
    <H3> Check my availabilty </H3>
    <H3> Warrington Wedding Photography Cheshire </H3>
    <H3> Other Wedding Photography </H3>
    <H3> View some of our favourite weddings </H3>

You do not use microdata, Microdata can be very useful for local ranking as Local business type provides localized data

thanks I think it looks more spammy than it is as the keyword density is less than 6% which google actually seems to like. Thats my highest ranking page
    currently taking 3rd spot on page 1 for warrington wedding photographer and warrington wedding photography, which gets around 50 total searches per month.

This is the exact same way my competitors are placing well in google. If you look at this site for example:

#1 is google for Styal lodge wedding photographer - https://www.arj-photo.co.uk/gallery/...g-photographer

meanwhile my page doesnt seem to rank
  27. Dinosaur

I thought you wanted to beat them not join them
    All the advice given was ways you can dominate that niche not copy what you competitors are doing.
    Just for a giggle I ran my tool against his site.

29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chedders
    I thought you wanted to beat them not join them
    All the advice given was ways you can dominate that niche not copy what you competitors are doing.
    Just for a giggle I ran my tool against his site.

thanks for all of your help Chedders I will have a read through everything and see how I get on

Strange my page scores higher but he dominates number 1 slot on google
    mind you he does have a ton more content, but my creative writing skills kind of suck and I get stuck after about 300 words!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: