1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

oh the light bulb has just go on !!!!!!!!!!

my terms.html is still based on my old design (i forgot to change it!) and it still has my old menu system which points to the old pages ! easy fix coming right now !
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

https://www.leonardo-studios.com/por...ography-prices

check your check availability link

then you have lots of places you link to

https://www.leonardo-studios.com/por...hy-prices.html

Same page but different URL

There are quite a few pages like this where you link to the wrong page (the html page) so you have created 2 copies of the same page which is not good.
    I know you have put a canonical tag in which will help so only 1 page will get the credit but it still needs fixing.

Your site pages now are drastically reducing and getting in much better shape
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for all your help again, that looks like the broken links are all gone, I will go through the rest of the pages when I have some more time and get rid of any .html or http requests which shouldnt be there
  7. Dinosaur

Your welcome
    Now your site will be in a much better place to start ranking.

Use screaming frog to find the last bits your missing and to check for duplicate titles etc as well. Its a great tool for seeing your whole site so you can track down problems and look for improvements.

Your site though has had a lot of changes within the last 24 hours, it may take google a little time to pick it all up, hang on in there you will see the benefit.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for everyones help especially Cheddars!

So I have been busy doing a bit of link building, any ideas when google is going to recrawl and update the DA score? It hasnt found any of my new links just yet
  11. Dinosaur

DA is nothing to do with Google.
    If the links you have built was easy to do them generally speaking they are worthless. At worst they can be considered as spam and actually harm your site.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees : DA is irrelevant
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks cheddars i got a few profiles links on some high DA sites such as hitched.co.uk (DA53) , still not showing up in my webmaster tools under links though neither are any of the others. I know DA is done by MOZ but obviously the higher your DA score the more relevant the site becomes to google. So i guess I have to wait for whatever it is that crawls these sites to update the DA score
  15. Dinosaur

but obviously the higher your DA score the more relevant the site becomes to google
    I am afraid your premise if flawed. It could be that a high DA site may give you a boost but also it could be negative. DA is not a replacement for PR I am afraid as there are too many other factors MOZ just dont know about. For example a site could be in penalty but MOZ would have no way of knowing.

Its a guide or a educated guess only,
    As for your profile links, majority are nofollow and as such dont pass any page rank. You do need to be really careful when creating links such as this, if its a profile link then of course Google would be correct in assuming you created it which in turn hopefully they would just ignore it as its against their guidlines. Google tend to allow a few of these type of links but once it starts to spot a pattern as your backlink profile will be skewed towards these type of links they can and do come down hard on the site.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees : Dwallis. DA is misunderstood. Stop using it.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks cheddars, hitched is indeed nofollow

<a id="ctl00_contentMain_ctl00_lnkBtnVisit" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.hitched.co.uk/suppliers/transpage.aspx?cid=33139&amp;lid=35505&amp;url=www .leonardo-studios.com&amp;isGA=0&amp;subId=2" target="_blank">Website</a>

wish i checked that before I parted with 120 for the yearly subscription! luckily still in my 14 day cooling off period ;)
  19. Dinosaur

Depends. They may bring you traffic as they have a lot of visitors.
    The question really is will you get your investment back and not look at it from a seo point of view.
    This is a perfect example of not just looking at a score moz gives a site. It's only part of the bigger picture.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

that is very true, i guess I will see how it goes!

This link building is proving to be the hardest thing to do. I emailed several wedding blogs and as yet have had no reply
  23. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

This link building is proving to be the hardest thing to do. I emailed several wedding blogs and as yet have had no reply
    Generating backlinks is against to Google guidelines, you should write the better content that will automatically generate backlinks for your site. So, you should develop your site and content for your users then that will give more visibility and your visitors returned, shared and recommend. If you do this then you will not have to work on linkbuilding and another promotion activities.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  25. Dinosaur

You need to flip this around, instead of thinking backlinking you need to start thinking of link earning.
    What can you do that would warrant someone placing a link on their site to you ?

An example and just off the top of my head for you.
    As your a photographer of special events, i.e. weddings. You could post a online album for the guests of the wedding to view and even maybe order extra prints / digital files from. Give this url to the bride and groom and I am sure they will share this with people at the wedding. I know a lot of the links will be from facebook which are no follow but that is not such a bad thing. It will give you a much better backlink profile and something google would be expecting from such a site.

You could also run a contest of the most beautiful bride of 2016, email all the brides first before publishing their pictures, but they will also share the page in order to get all their friends and family to vote for them.

Just a couple of examples of how to get others to do the linking for you instead of going out placing links.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

good advice again, I think link earning is the way to go

I have been looking at adding a blog to my site with various articles to help the brides choose photographers, how to choose suppliers etc etc but I am struggling to find the time to sit down and write an article! Why dont I do it now? well Saturdays wedding is just copying over to my SSD and about to be loaded into lightroom for 4 full days of editing, just it time for this saturdays wedding!
    I will try when i get 5 minutes to write a list of articles that I want on my website and will start writing those and promoting them in different places
  29. Dinosaur

Editing tutorials are always good for attracting links.
    A few years ago I did a few photoshop tutorials and was really suprised how they got linked to.

You for example could do one on how not to burn out the brides dress. How to expose for the dress correctly while still getting good skin tones.