1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Optimize title on the homepage

Hi this is for the Google Optimize platform. I only use the free version. I have a news site that I update often and I would like to run this on nearly all the article titles. It seems like Optimize looks at a certain space on the site is there a way that I can target the title because new posts come in and the layout changes? Thank you
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google Optimize is not for that....Sorry.... It's not really an on page auditing tool in that respect. This tool is really more for A/B testing. For those doing that kind of testing, this tool is a great boon. Great for testing color schemes, CTA's and other such things that can affect CTR. On a side note, it is also a great boon for Google, they get to see the data and tweak their Algo's with the data we have mined !

I see this as a good addition for Adwords Users. They (Google), correlate the data for you, makes the A/B test results easier to acquire.

Use what's between your ears to craft a good title. You should look at your top ranking competitors to see what they use for titles for additional input as to what may be a better title for your content.

https://support.google.com/360suite/..._topic=6197696

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

On a further note. Do not add the 1 line of code to activate Google Optimization, to every page on your site at once. That bit of code will add a java script redirect that will create long redirect chains, approximately 5 redirects with the few page tests I tested. That would create more problems for you, ie longer page loading times and such.

Maybe Google will not use that against you because it's a Google Tool. Me, I am not willing to test the waters. I would only use it for single page tests and objectives, not a site wide implementation.