1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

One Domain, many country site versions and webmaster tools

Didn't find an answer in my search. So I hope this isn't a repeat.

Developing a site that will use a .com and use subdirectories with country and language codes like /en-ca/ for English in Canada, /fr-ca/ for French in Canada, /en-gb/ for English in Great Britain and so on for all applicable country versions.

My question regards how all this should be structured within Google Webmaster Tools.

Each of these versions will get their own site property (www and non-www). So if there were 15 of these site versions, I would create 30 properties in GWT.

Of course, when doing this, one is supposed to upload a sitemap. So I'm wondering about the best way to do this. Should each version have its own unique sitemap residing in its own subdirectory and only for the pages therein?

Or should there only ever be one sitemap and I just refer to it in the same place over and over for all versions? Perhaps a third option?

Any advice would be appreciated.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Should each version have its own unique sitemap residing in its own subdirectory and only for the pages therein?
    I've never tried the way you are planning to do that but saw many people do that... Yes, there should be a separate sitemap I guess

I am hoping you'll get some input from people who actually tried this setup!
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    I've never tried the way you are planning to do that but saw many people do that... Yes, there should be a separate sitemap I guess

I am hoping you'll get some input from people who actually tried this setup!
    Thanks for your input. An example in terms of structure would look like this website: www.paysafecard.com

Still looking for what the site map(s) and locations should look like for GWT purposes.