1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Not indexing inner page links

Trying to crawl a page that has inner links, but my initial guess is - inner links are not being crawled that's why the content of the inner links is not being searched from google.com.

I used following to see the list of index pages..

site:beta.mydomain.ca

Result: it's not showing inner links..
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's not showing internal pages or links, because links don't get indexed.
  5. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hard to tell really with that little info. Please PM me the site in question and I'll take a look!
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    It's not showing internal pages or links, because links don't get indexed.
    What is the best way to submit a page for indexing?

My way..
    Using Fetch Google option in Google's search console tool. Submitting a page for indexing the links in it.. each link contains detail for a product.
    Also, page title, meta - (keyword and description) are well maintained for each product. I can provide the page content if it would provide the clear picture of the problem.

thanks -
  9. No Profile Picture

This is the page in question.. that has the test products listing. My requirement is each product should be searchable.. May be with the product name.. Product names are embedded in corresponding link. Also in product detail page's title and keyword meta.

https://beta.beerxpress.ca/Products.html
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You've spelt Strawberry incorrectly.
  13. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

you give a Beta URL did you remove the noindex tag that might have been put there during the dev period? I know it's a stupid question but it surely happened to the bests
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  15. SeoRaptor

on your https://beta.beerxpress.ca/Beers/Affligem%20Blonde/2147 the canonical tag is /OrderProductSelection/

You are telling google to index /OrderProductSelection/ instead of the page url.

Same issue with https://beta.beerxpress.ca/Beers/Black%20Ice/154 but this one is indexed, did you change your canonical tag lately?

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; May 4th, 2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    on your https://beta.beerxpress.ca/Beers/Affligem%20Blonde/2147 the canonical tag is /OrderProductSelection/

You are telling google to index /OrderProductSelection/ instead of the page url.

Same issue with https://beta.beerxpress.ca/Beers/Black%20Ice/154 but this one is indexed, did you change your canonical tag lately?
    Action taken -
    Removed canonical link. and submitted the products.html page for indexing ..again the products are not showing up.. or how long does it take for indexing..i believe it should be instantly as it was done from Fetch Google.
  19. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I may have read incorrectly or missed it but why exactly do you want beta pages to be indexed? Just curious
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    I may have read incorrectly or missed it but why exactly do you want beta pages to be indexed? Just curious

Just for the testing purpose. we will shut down the beta soon or remove the links from google once the desired goal is achieved regarding SEO.

Please advise if it has the adverse effect in prod? As in the first sight, i think, some of the beta page indices might affect the prod for sometime..
  23. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

There is a lot wrong technically with the page. For a start your using spaces within the URL.
    Here is a list of some of the errors. https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=htt...FProducts.html

But I do worry when you say it should be instant. I am afraid not. Once google has crawled a page that's the first process only, it then gets submitted for indexing and a load of filters etc are applied for a better way of describing the process. , it can be quite quick for a high ranking authority site but a new site like this it may take a few weeks. You may not even find it in the index by your chosen keywords.

The easiest way is to put the URL of the page into search and if its in the index then it should show in the results, of course that wont show you what its ranking for if anything but at least you will know google have got it.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  25. SeoRaptor

Action taken -
    Removed canonical link. and submitted the products.html page for indexing ..again the products are not showing up.. or how long does it take for indexing..i believe it should be instantly as it was done from Fetch Google.
    Fetch in instant, but indexing takes some time. Give it a couple of days and you should start seeing new pages appearing in google with the site: command.
  27. SeoRaptor

Birra Moretti's page has been indexed in Google so the issue seems to have been the canonical tag.

However as chedders pointed out, there are a lot of things that should be modified on your site before launch in terms of design and On-page SEO, you can search the forum to find a lot of valuable info on the subject.

If you have any other specific question, feel free to open a new thread.
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    Birra Moretti's page has been indexed in Google so the issue seems to have been the canonical tag.

However as chedders pointed out, there are a lot of things that should be modified on your site before launch in terms of design and On-page SEO, you can search the forum to find a lot of valuable info on the subject.

If you have any other specific question, feel free to open a new thread.

Good news is one product is index from the products.html page. That took nearly 3/4 hrs not sure exactly though.

https://beta.beerxpress.ca/Beers/Fou...y%20Lemon/2403

Now my questoin is why is it not indexing other products in the page?

Got an answer here - it's saying - frequent pop on the page is the culprit. Haven't tried this though..
    Last edited by Naresh.Dhami; May 5th, 2017 at 02:21 PM.