1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

New Site Ranking Page One out of the Gate?

I've been on top of my local search for certain keywords for a long time and now, out of nowhere, a competitor who has a brand new site, with no blog to speak, is now on top. Their domain authority is a score of 1 as well.

I have a blog with many articles, I've always optimized my pages for SEO and I have so many more backlinks than this new site. Can someone explain to me how they are doing this?
    Last edited by Nerfboy; Feb 17th, 2017 at 03:27 AM.
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Could be a number of reasons but without seeing the keyword and domain we are guessing.
    It could also be possible your seeing personalised reasons so they are no.1 for you because oyu have recently visited the site. Does not mean everyone else is seeing the same.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Could be a number of reasons but without seeing the keyword and domain we are guessing.
    It could also be possible your seeing personalised reasons so they are no.1 for you because oyu have recently visited the site. Does not mean everyone else is seeing the same.
    I'm using a private browser to not interfere with the natural results. They are popping up in high on page one in local cities too. I would name the domain but a bit wary to. Just never seen this happen before.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Then using Occam's Razor

"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations."

They have done a better job of on-page and off-page SEO than you.

Now before you ask any more questions... we would need to see the domain to provide you with any actionable info !

Comments on this post

• Nerfboy agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

The url is whiteleaffilms.com

I'm not seeing a blog at all and like I said they are newer in the market so I'm not sure why they have vaulted to the top locally so quickly.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They have been around since Sept. 2014. Content does look thin and I didn't find any great backlinks to them.

What are the competing keywords you are seeing this ranking results. There have been a few updates to Google's algo this month.

I got to ask.. have you been link building any ? One update this month targeted PBN's and if you used one, this could explain the drop. Not saying you did.. but if you did.
  13. No Profile Picture

I don't use a PBN. They are cleaning up for all of the local keywords and phrases and in some other cities as well.

I'm wondering if their keyword density is what's doing it, but I'm no expert. I just find it odd that with my strong blog, links from relevant sites and traffic is getting beat.

15. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello,

Looks like you tried to post an image in your last post. Our forums are unable to pull images from Google Drive (as far as I know, anyway). So if you'd like to embed an image in your post, I'm afraid you'll need to re-upload it to a public hosting platform like imgur or photobucket or something similar. Sorry about that!

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Try using Pasteboard — Easy Image Uploads for uploading and displaying images...

One requirement for posting pictures on the forum is they have to be hosed on a https site.... fyi

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you
  19. No Profile Picture

Here are the keywords they are cleaning up for.
  21. Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by Nerfboy
    Here are the keywords they are cleaning up for.
    You still didn't follow the Knowonespecial suggestions for updating the required image. I show how to do this. Please open the suggested site as it will look like below

Now drag your image at Pasteboard — Easy Image Uploads that looks like below

Then click on upload option and your image looks like below

Then click on "go to image" after that, your image looks like below

Now you can get URL from highlighted area that will be your image URL.
    Now you can select insert image and you will find two options including "From Computer" and "From URL" you should select "From URL" option and deselect "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and add your image URL that looks like

and clicks on the "ok" button, finally you can insert the same images as you wanted to show here.

This will apply the same if you add your images from Google drive as Mark suggested above

I hope that will help

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : You have patience my friend !
    • Nerfboy agrees
    • markroberts agrees
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 21st, 2017 at 01:15 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  23. No Profile Picture

I thought I did it correctly before but I guess I didn't. Thank you for showing me though.

Here are the keywords:

25. Entrepreneur

I have checked your first two keywords in VPN proxy server it seems that your given site in top keywords are below

gold coast wedding videography

wedding videography gold coast

Apart from this, I have checked site locally it seems they are optimized properly. I have also found some links that are good one links coming from figtreepictures.com/blog/2016/02/ and 2nd from pcsrf.org.au/news.php/39/4th-annual-pcsrf-ladies-lunch

I have seen sometimes it happens once we fix our technical errors and got one or two backlinks from the relevant site then we can easily rank well for low competitive keywords.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 21st, 2017 at 08:04 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.