Thread: New Clients

1. No Profile Picture

Question New Clients

If a prospect ask to see a plan for link building and does not provide any links to audit their site, what are they asking for? How can an optimizer provide an adequate marketing strategy without knowing anything about the prospects company?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I don't quite understand your question.
    How can an optimizer provide an adequate marketing strategy without knowing anything about the prospects company?
    If they know the domain name a good seo person can see whats needed, however history is a valuable asset in creating a plan.
  5. No Profile Picture

I apologize. The question seems pretty stupid. Your response "I don't quite understand your question" actually answered the question. People from oDesk keep asking for SEO assistant without providing any details about their site. I've been corresponding with the prospect for about 3 weeks. I finally got him to send some links to audit the site. I've done as you've stated and audited the site. However, I had to make sure that I'm not crazy. And since you have more experience I had to find out if it is normal for prospects to ask for a marketing plan without providing any details for the site to be marketed. Anyway, I know you're busy. Thank you for taking the time to address this ridiculous question.
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

1) People from odesk are thieves looking to steal from people
    2) You are not qualified to run even the most rudimentary SEO campaign
  9. No Profile Picture

These responses confirmed my suspicions. KernelPanic sounds like he knows oDesk all to well.