#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    New Changed URL's not getting indexed


    Hi People,

    Please have a look at my query and try to give me a solution for that.

    I have been working on a website called letsgoplayoutside.com

    It has so many URL's. For the purpose of keyword rankings, I changed the URL Structure of the website. Previously, the URL's were not SEO friendly and did not contain any keywords to them. Now that the URL's have been changed successfully, Google is not indexing the new URL's. Initially, immediately after the change, Google rapidly indexed the URL's but now, Google has almost stopped the indexing process. I have checked this website upto the best of my knowledge but I can't see any major problem in the website due to which it could have been delaying the Google to index the new URL's.

    Please have a look at the website and let me know if you find any issues in it.
  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    What did you changed in the URL other that keywords and length? Did you change the sub (www.letsgo...side.com to blog.lets...side.com)? Did you do your 301 redirect from older domain to newer domain name? You can always ask google to fetch the content using the search console https://support.google.com/webmaster.../6065812?hl=en. I would need more clarifications to give you a better answer.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Other than Keywords and length, I replaced underscores(_) with hyphens(-), eliminated the use of comma(,) and add the name of the city.

    No changes were made in the sub-domain. All the changes were in letsgo....com/example/location-trail-trekking (Its just an example and a hypothetical URL)

    There was no change of domain involved. Only the changes in the internal page's URL's were involved and yes, I took care of 301's as well and made sure that Old URL's are being redirected to new ones.

    I also submitted the request to Google webmaster via Fetch as Googlebot option. Google immediately indexed 500 URL's but last few days, Google has almost stopped indexing. I also tried to manually submit the pages but we have a fixed daily and weekly limit for that too.
  6. #4
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    When did you made the changes?
  8. #5
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Have you updated your sitemap?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Its been more than 3 weeks. Yes the sitemap is also updated and submitted to the webmasters.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    I think there could be some problem in the website code that might be hampering the indexing process. Its just an assumption of mine.
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    According to the information you've provided, there's nothing wrong with your process. Everything should be working properly. It can take up to 180 days for google bot to track the new URL, so maybe you'll just have to wait for them to get indexed (https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/83106?hl=en). If it doesn't work, there was a nice article on common indexing issues from MOZ https://moz.com/blog/8-reasons-why-y...ot-get-indexed. Maybe it's a DNS issues, but I would recommend that you double check your redirect, sitemap, etc. Also make a list of all URL that are not listed if the problem doesn't get fixed, file a reconsideration request with Google (btw they won't help you if you haven't passed the 180 days period(from experience))
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the help.
  18. #10
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Glad to help
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    If you find anything unusual in the website, please post it here.
  22. #12
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Sure I'll take a look at it later today
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok Thanks very much

Similar Threads

  1. Indexed pages are https:// and site has changed to http://
    By angelleye in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 21st, 2009, 07:41 AM
  2. Changed URLs and lost indexed pages
    By autotech2 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Nov 21st, 2008, 04:40 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 10th, 2008, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
  5. Changed website directory after its been indexed
    By zytex in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 5th, 2007, 02:06 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo