1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need SEO strategy for Informative Website

I have an informative website with about 20 pages of original, informative content, about a niche that has a lot competition, and therefore, big competitors like nationwide companies usually rank higher than my website for short tail keywords.

I'm getting about 5,000-6,000 unique visitors.
    I would say about 90% of my traffic comes from long tail keywords.
    The site has been up for about 3 years now, and the traffic increased, but during the last year it didn't increase significantly, even though I've tried adding 3 more content pages.

My content is evergreen information so I don't want / need to create a blog.
    It is suppose to be a passive income source, so I don't want to be involve in it on a regular basis.

even though I took someone to make the site responsive about 8 months ago, I didn't see a major increase in traffic (Google validated my site to be mobile compliant).

I've tried answering some popular Quora questions (about 5) with content from my website and link to it, but it didn't seem to help as well.

My google Page speed is 91 for desktop and 78 for mobile.
    Women from pinterest have linked over 100 times to my pages, which means content is good, but I guess Google doesn't care too much about it, as these links don't have any juice.

In fact some of my rankings have decreased lately.

I'm trying to figure out what SEO strategy should I pursue in order to double or triple my traffic?

I don't mind to hire some freelancer if they can deliver results, but I don't know what such person should do, which skills to look for, and how soon can I see them.

I especially don't want someone to modify the content of my current pages, as I do get traffic for it right now.

The options I thought about:

1. Should I try to buy back-links from quality blogs?
    If so, should they be to specific pages, or to my domain (or both)? and should the A href link mention the keyword I want to rank for?

2. Should I add more content? I can start adding more 1,000-word articles.
    How soon will I see results if I do that?
    And can it increase the rankings of my current pages?

3. Is my page speed good enough, or can it be a problem? competitors seem to have much worse scores.

4. Should I create a Pinterest account, and try to follow my 100 pinners, so that they will follow back, and I can post my new articles in my pinterest profile, or would it be waste of time?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I am afraid asking for a SEO strategy is a bit open ended and is only going to attract build great content type posts.
    Each site requires different attention, identifying its weakness and improving upon it.

1. Buying links (do follow) can land you in trouble so on the most part best avoided as its against google guidlines.

2. Adding more content is never a bad idea assuming its not just bloat and posted for the sake of it. If you have genuine posts to make then make them.

3. Page speed effects things like crawl rate and can also effect bounce rate if the users get fed up of waiting. You would need to do some tests to determine if this is effecting you. https://gtmetrix.com/ is quite a good tool for that although there are others. Personally I like to get pages loading to around 1 second but its not always possible, it is subjective depending on what the page is loading.

4. Social media accounts only contain no follow links so they may bring you traffic but they wont help you directly in SERPS. (if thats your goal)
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

1. When I say buy link, I mean buy a guest post on a blog, about 200 words. I don't see how Google will understand that it was paid for. So would it be a good idea?
    2. I can add content, but I can't compete with the amount of content of big enterprises, so what difference can I really expect? and would it effect my older pages too?
    3. My Pages speed loads in about 1.4 sec, but yesterday I've added hotjar to see what users are doing, and it went up to about 3-4 sec.
    4. I think maybe pinterest even if it is nofollow, can be used by google as some indication for good content, if 100 different people shared it gradually, you sure it will have zero effect?

Overall, I'm still left with my original question, what can I do to gain more traffic and better rankings, considering the circumstances I mentioned?
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

1. Its about your link profile, if most of your links are from these type of posts it becomes really easy to spot its paid for. Plus some sites google may have already identified as offering paid posts. The more you do the riskier it gets. How much risk do you wish to take ?

2. As I said it has to be relevant and meaningful for the site, if its just more of the same then I would say that is bloat and you will gain little or as you suggest it could weaken your other strong pages. However there is always a new angle I am sure you could find that would expand the site.

3. If your around the 1.4 seconds then that is fine, Heat mapping is a great way of tweaking your design along with some A/B testing to fine tune pages to get the most out of them.

4. This relates to point 1 really, having lots of nofollow links can help balance out your link profile, its not a total waste of time, it just can be a lot of effort and you wont see anything positive in SERPS from that activity on its own.

The other thing you can do is outreaching, A bit like your point 1 but speaking to other people running sites and getting them to post on your behalf.
    We dont know what your niche is but 1 of the sites I look after I contacted a lot of their suppliers, a few of them I managed to get to do a case study and got a article and link posted FOC. Its not something they have to do however there are always other suppliers if you get my drift
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare