Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need help getting my SEO up

Right now I have a Minecraft Server Listing Website and I'm really needing this website to get better views overall. Any advice that I could do to improve it's SEO?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

and what has your main focus been todate ?
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101
  5. No Profile Picture

To find forums to advertise my website on.
  7. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

It's too big of a subject for anybody to answer in one post. The best advice I think anybody could give to somebody who doesn't want to dedicate a lot of their time to learning SEO, is to act like SEO doesn't exist. Sounds odd, but the likelihood is, you could actually make your site worse by actually trying to make it better with quick fixes.

If you didn't want quick fixes, you'd be taking a course for a real in-depth answer(s)

I'd personally:

1- Disavow any links you've bought which are do-follow, any forum and blog comments which are do-follow - disavow.
    2- Look into your on-page SEO, improve it - quite a good article for beginners is here: backlinko.com/on-page-seo
    3- Check your site on screaming frog (free version) to make sure you don't have any 404's or other bad error codes
    4- Use a tool like: page-explorer.com to run quick diagnostics on your site
    5- gtmetrix.com to improve the speed

Basically just focus on the user, making it the best possible experience on your site.
    Last edited by matt1966; Jan 7th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
  9. Dinosaur

Ya thats what I feared you was going to say. Personally I would stop and rewind if possible.

Matt's advice is pretty sound and something you should read and understand. But I would add is what makes your site unique ? why is your site better than the competition. Once you have identified that then you could use social media to attract traffic and start building a user base.
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101
  11. No Profile Picture

Okay, thank you.
  13. No Profile Picture

Consider actually adding content besides the list of servers, too. Like answering questions anyone who is completely new to Minecraft may have, or providing advice on how to choose the best server. This will not only give your website more weight, but will potentially make it more trustworthy for the visitors, too.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by matt1966
    It's too big of a subject for anybody to answer in one post. The best advice I think anybody could give to somebody who doesn't want to dedicate a lot of their time to learning SEO, is to act like SEO doesn't exist. Sounds odd, but the likelihood is, you could actually make your site worse by actually trying to make it better with quick fixes.

If you didn't want quick fixes, you'd be taking a course for a real in-depth answer(s)

I'd personally:

1- Disavow any links you've bought which are do-follow, any forum and blog comments which are do-follow - disavow.
    2- Look into your on-page SEO, improve it - quite a good article for beginners is here: backlinko.com/on-page-seo
    3- Check your site on screaming frog (free version) to make sure you don't have any 404's or other bad error codes
    4- Use a tool like: page-explorer.com to run quick diagnostics on your site
    5- gtmetrix.com to improve the speed

Basically just focus on the user, making it the best possible experience on your site.
    Okay, I spent around 10 hours so far and I've improved the score on GTMetrix. Before the PageSpeed Score was 71 and the YSlow Score was 61 and now the PageSpeed Score is 87 and the YSlow Score is 63. https://gtmetrix.com/reports/soenix.org/Hh0qysem
    Last edited by Soenix; Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:15 AM.
  17. Dinosaur

I had a quick look at the site.
    You dont have anything meaningful for a page title.
    no canonical tag
    no meta description
    no h1 tag
    but most important no content for google to index.

From the server list I could only see 3 servers but that was it, Its great your working on site speed but no matter how fast the site it you need something for google to index.
    You say its a list of minecraft servers but nowhere did I see minecraft so if a human cant make it out how do you think a algorithm is going to fair ?
  19. No Profile Picture

21. Moderator

Top 3 results for your main keywords title:

Minecraft servers | Minecraft server list
    Top Minecraft servers - Minecraft server list
    Minecraft Servers | Minecraft server list

Your title:

Soenix Servers

Should be something like ....

Minecraft Server List - Soexnix Servers

Your H1 should also be something keyword rich.

For this kind of issues, including canonical, use page-explorer.com.

Speeding up your site is good for user experience so well done for that, a site can never be too quick, but I should have mentioned that it doesn't really have much of a impact in the SERPS unless your sites an absolute slug.

If you optimise your site properly you will climb in the serps, but your industry is a tough cookie. Might be worth trying to rank for long tail keywords opposed to the big big keywords. Either way you without doubt need more content - your site isn't anything on your competition in regards to content and it needs to be
    Last edited by matt1966; Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:30 PM.
  23. Dinosaur

ok I missed the minecraft word LOL, and that's part of the problem you have white text on a pastel orange colour, but even if you changed the colour the site does not scream its about minecraft.
    I did a quick search for minecraft servers and the top 3 listings have around 14 million users between them, that's a huge user base they have but you are going to have to offer users something special to win them over.
    Currently your competition is offering way more so I struggle to see how your going to make an impact unless you start creating a reason for them to come to you instead.
  25. No Profile Picture

I'll work on adding more content, but for now I've updated the Title Tag to "Soenix Servers - Minecraft / CS:GO / Garry's Mod Server List".
  27. Moderator

The words at the start of a title carry more weight.

Meaning, the main benefit is going to "Soenix Servers" - which not a horrible way, but nobody has heard of. It would probably best to go with your main keyword at the start of the title if I'm being honest but that's up to you.
  29. No Profile Picture

Okay, I've done a lot of changes to the website...

I've fixed the score to 90%, I've added description tag, keywords tag, H1 Tags and blocked the register information. Redid the whole front-end of the website. Added a Secure SSL Certificate

Any more suggestions or feedback?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo