1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Mixed Content & Duplicate Content

Hi...

Evidently I have Mixed & Duplicate Content on several of my websites.

The MIXED content pages are showing as HTTPS pages yet I don't even use SSL or HTTPS pages so I'm wondering why this is counted against me?

The Duplicate content errors aren't very clear but all I can think of is that I'm using the same *call to action* section at the bottom of each page. This consists of a few lines of text and a button... Could this be considered duplicate content?? If yes, how do I get around this? Should be adding this call-to-action in my footer maybe so it's not considered duplicate?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

T
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi Tommy,

Originally Posted by TommyTime
    Evidently I have Mixed & Duplicate Content on several of my websites.
    What makes you say that?

The MIXED content pages are showing as HTTPS pages yet I don't even use SSL or HTTPS pages so I'm wondering why this is counted against me?
    If your site is having issues with SSL certificates it needs sorting out (with the hosting company/server).

The Duplicate content errors aren't very clear but all I can think of is that I'm using the same *call to action* section at the bottom of each page. This consists of a few lines of text and a button... Could this be considered duplicate content?
    Again I'm curious about how you learned of these "Duplicate content errors", But...
    No I strongly doubt that Google would fail to identify this type of "boilerplate text" (which is common to almost all websites in one way or another).
    There is a greater risk in having duplicate content on multiple websites... (You said "several of my websites", so once again I'm curious about how/where you got your information).

If yes, how do I get around this? Should be adding this call-to-action in my footer maybe so it's not considered duplicate?
    You can have boilerplate text outside the header/footer. Of course the subject often crops up when discussing duplicate content issues and it's most often said that the header/footer areas are more likely to contain it, but you can have it anywhere.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jul 19th, 2017 at 09:39 PM.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

We could do with a sticky post on duplicate content.