1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

made SEO improvements but traffic is declining

Over the past 6 weeks, I tried to improve my SEO:

- I added 8 new original content pages.
    - I increase my desktop page speed from 91 to 95, and mobile from 79 to 86.
    - I bought a guest post with 3 backlinks in a related niche blog that rarely does sponsored posts (so it isn't "blacklisted")
    - I improved my above the fold content by complexity removing a 200px-high DIV that contained a textual banner ad that led to a form in the bottom of my page.
    - I opened a Pinterest account for my website and posted pins from my website into it.

The results seem to be the opposite - I didn't see any growth in traffic, someday my traffic even decline. for example, yesterday was the lowest traffic I got on a Friday for the past 2 months.

According to Google Webmaster tools, my average position is 20.1, for the last 7 days, while on the first week of March for example is was 17.8.

I know I didn't lost any quality backlink, because I never had any real quality backlink. visitors do like my site, pages from it were shared over 100 times on pinterest.

This whole SEO seems like a bluff, why am I not seeing improved results?
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Search console average position depends on personalised searches. So,you should also to compare it with impressions that will give you an correct idea
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture

I do have more impressions, about 33K vs 24K, and the impressions trend is has grown over the past 90 days, but that is probably due to the 8 pages that I added, they probably rank at results pages like 4-5-6, and they are the ones that contribute, but my CTR is lower. from 3.1% to 2.4%.

When I check specifically impressions for my most popular page, they vary, overall they went a bit up, but the position seem to go a bit down.
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

To improve your CTR you need to look at your meta description. It needs to match the query people are searching and entice people to click
    Writing copy for meta description is an art in itself.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  9. Entrepreneur

And for better optimisation of snippet you can use Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  11. No Profile Picture

I never changed the meta description. therefore I just ask why it is declining.
  13. Entrepreneur

Okay tell me what do you know about quality backlinks when did you buy this and are you sure after buying these backlinks your existing traffic have lost or what you did and also read I have lost my rankings, Google has dropped me PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A THREAD!! and see if you get any useful stuff from here as per your concerned.
  15. No Profile Picture

There can be many factors.

Have you had a look at your competitors? Maybe they have made some improvements aswell?
  17. Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by Linkbuilding-
    There can be many factors.

Have you had a look at your competitors? Maybe they have made some improvements aswell?
    Did you read my referral link or just post ?I have lost my rankings, Google has dropped me PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A THREAD!!
  19. No Profile Picture

I don't even know how to track my rankings.
    I get hits from long tail keywords, so there is nothing too specific that I can check.
    This Saturday I got about 50% of traffic that I used to get on Past Saturdays.
    I have no clue why and what to do and where to start...

I have over 20 pages and there's no way that suddenly so many competitors are ranking better for various pages.
  21. No Profile Picture

Social media optimization is a very important method to increase your traffic please update on social media. It will help you