1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Local URL Titles

Hello,

I had a question about localized SEO. Here are two examples. Although it's a real domain, it's not mine, I just want to use it as an example.

http://www.losangelescatering.com/sandwiches

and

http://www.losangelescatering.com/los-angeles-sandwiches

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is how does Google and other search engines rank these? Both have the term "Los Angeles" but the second one has it written out again.

So if someone types in "Los Angeles Sandwiches," which one is preferable? Are there any pros and cons?

Thank you
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well, there are too many variables here to be able to answer this question in any straightforward way... Keyword in the URL is not the only thing Google looks at for sure Google will look at hundreds of signals (backlinks + amount and usefulness of the unique content on each page come to mind in the first place) to determine which of those pages should be ranked where..
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    Well, there are too many variables here to be able to answer this question in any straightforward way... Keyword in the URL is not the only thing Google looks at for sure Google will look at hundreds of signals (backlinks + amount and usefulness of the unique content on each page come to mind in the first place) to determine which of those pages should be ranked where..
    Well yea I get that. But let's assume that everything is the same in both pages.

Same alt tags, same pictures, same internal links, same backlinks, same content, same h1 tags, etc...

If we pretend that both pages are ranked exactly the same, but the only thing that differed is that the second one had the location put in the URL title, which would be preferred? I can't seem to find any stats or facts on this :-(
  7. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by FranzVz
    I can't seem to find any stats or facts on this :-(
    You can't find facts because this situation is actually quite impossible... There's no way two absolutely same pages with the same external metrics existed....

That being said, I think Google would be the best to answer this question but I'd vote for #2

losangelescatering.com/los-angeles-sandwiches
    Just because keywords in URLs still matter.