1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Limited by budget but not using all of it?

Good morning!

I have a quick question regarding Adwords, I currently have a monthly budget set for my adwords campaign of just over 1000, and my campaigns are currently telling me that they are limited by budget. However, looking at the history, the most adwords has ever used is 517. I am a little confused as to why these two seem to be contradicting each other?

It is a fairly new account, and I am still working on getting some better resulting ads together, however the ones that are showing on there are getting a reasonably high score, but for the industry I am working in it seems very difficult to get a high scoring keyword that relates to the content on my site!

Any information would be very helpful at this stage!

Thanks in advance,

Josh
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Hi Josh
    From my experience I would advice stop trying to do adwords yourself. Hire someone. It is way to easy to burn cash and lots of it without seeing a return on your investment.
    There are people out there who can return you a positive ROI (I am not one of them)

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinks in 2018
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

@chedders.It is not the answer.

I think adwords will calculate your daily budget not monthly budget when calculating this.It seems the keywords and the industry niche,the bidding all is high in your niche compared to your current daily budget.Try to increase your currently daily budget and increase your bids to see if that message limited by budget is removed.
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I agree it's not a answer to the question. I was offering some general advice regarding adwords.
    I am afraid I have seen too many companies fail and people lose their jobs which is directly related to someone doing adwords when they don't know how to.
    This can be really serous stuff and life changing if you get it wrong.

I stand by my quote of Hire someone.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinks in 2018
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Few things, I don't know your settings currently. But there's a few places you can have budgets/limits. You can have a campaign budget or an account budget. If your campaign budget is being hit and limited, no matter what your account budget is then you won't hit it because it's being limited somewhere else.

What looks like is happening is that your campaign has a budget of say 20 a day and another with 5 per day. You're hitting those two limits meaning you're spending 25 per day, so at the end of the month you'd have 25x30 (example) which would only be 750. If you want to get closer, raise the limit on your campaigns.
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare