Thread: Keyword Ranking

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Keyword Ranking

Hi, my business is ranking 1 in the Google Local 3 Pack for the keyword "Boiler Repairs"

I have been unable to rank my business in the 3 pack for the keyword "Boiler Repair" despite
    every effort for many months.

Could anyone please offer any advice how this can be achieved.

Regards
    Peter

ps. if more information is required please ask.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

A lot of it has to do with personalization and it also takes geolocation into account and a bunch of other factors you can't control. What you do have control of is optimizing your profile page and also getting reviews, which may help a bit.
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

The singular and plural versions of a word can alter the users intent quite a bit which is what throw me for a long time.
    You would need to think about these words carefully and which one is most applicable to your site, for example someone searching for boiler repairs may indicate that the user is looking for a service provider so someone who can carry out the repairs. Whereas the singular boiler repair could be someone looking to learn how to do the repair. So the one is someone looking for the service but the other is looking for information and how to.

Of course we cant be 100% sure this is whats going on but seing as google invest so much resource into understanding user intent I would imagine this is a factor in what your seeing. On top of that you maybe also seeing personalised results so it can be difficult to track down the exact course.

If you look in search console though you can see averages and how people are finding you and for what keywords, this can give you a better understanding of how google is viewing your site and for what keywords it thinks your about. That may give you a clue on what you can do to the site to improve your rankings.

So sorry I cant give you an exact answer but hopefully given you something to think about.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog