1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Red face Issue on multilingual magento store

Hi there !

I need help in finding what's going on with my 2 magento shops. They both have 2 languages (fr/en). The first one has french as default language and the other one english.

My issue is coming from the root language url. The Title show in google result page is not at all what I set in the html title tag. The issue is only for the root language page :

The google "Structured Data Testing Tool" gives a good result, not at all what I can see on the images above.

Do you have an idea on what's going on ?

Thank you
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

"It looks like they're basing the title on the anchor text for the page. I assume that "retour accueil' is the alt text for the logo on the Friendson site, and that Skinizi is the text for the logo on that site."

When I connected using FB, the big button linking back to your homepage says... retour accueil. Surprise! ;). What's interesting is that this suggests that Google "connected with Facebook" - a fascinating development if my analysis is correct, indicating Google's ability to crawl Facebook apps.

Regarding the Skinizi situation, I'd say it's roughly the same conclusion, except that we see Google have written some code to strip out the word 'logo' and '.com' (from your logo's alt attribute) and just return the rest. Clever, incremental UX improvement.