#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Instant Approval directory sites


    I want to know is that ok to get backlinks from instant approval directory site to improve ranking or these back link can harm the ranking of site?
  2. #2
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by edufactsindia
    I want to know is that ok to get backlinks from instant approval directory site to improve ranking or these back link can harm the ranking of site?
    NO! ...and YES they will harm your ability to rank.
  4. #3
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,689
    Rep Power
    5623
    what fathom said.
    If it was good everyone would do it and it would be free. So don't think you found the golden egg.
  6. #4
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,935
    Rep Power
    5753
    But they will harm your ability to rank only if you are spamming keywords in your anchors, right?
  8. #5
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    But they will harm your ability to rank only if you are spamming keywords in your anchors, right?
    Not necessarily. Not targeting keywords helps prevent automatic PENGUIN detection but instant approval of dofollow links (I assume dofollow is the desire feature of listing) sounds like webspam.

    Google would have a problem with that since it has a problem with this Dear Google, Links from YouMoz Don't Violate Your Quality Guidelines - Moz (read Matt Cutts followup comments, course some of the discussion wasn't published)
  10. #6
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,935
    Rep Power
    5753
    Originally Posted by fathom
    Not necessarily. Not targeting keywords helps prevent automatic PENGUIN detection but instant approval of dofollow links (I assume dofollow is the desire feature of listing) sounds like webspam.

    Google would have a problem with that since it has a problem with this Dear Google, Links from YouMoz Don't Violate Your Quality Guidelines - Moz (read Matt Cutts followup comments, course some of the discussion wasn't published)
    But the link that Randfish is arguing is not webspam has keywords in the anchor.
    Note that "Photography SEO community" isn't just a descriptive name, it's also the official brand name of the site. In both cases, Scott linked the way I believe content creators should on the web: with descriptive anchor text that helps inform a reader what they're going to find on that page. In this case, it may overlap with keywords Scott's targeting for SEO, but I find it ridiculous to hurt usability in the name of tiptoeing around Google's potential overenforcement.
    (lol pretentious much?)

    But I get your point, if a manual review uncovered a lot of auto submit directory links Google would probably send a notice through webmaster tools.
  12. #7
  13. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    But the link that Randfish is arguing is not webspam has keywords in the anchor. (lol pretentious much?)
    I would argue that Matt Cutts' point about rel="nofollow" implies it is a paid link that requires the rel="nofollow" microexpression... Without it, it is indeed violating Google's TOS.

    Suggesting that the page wasn't webspam because MOZ doesn't offer paid links was the reason MOZ's guest posts are no longer public.

    BTW this wasn't the only website that had MOZ links that were noted in Reconsideration Request reject messages.

    MOZs vote for or vouch for ... wasn't for the article it was for the spammy practices the website was involved in... Truth be told. If you are a high quality website you don't just link to whatever and hope for the best... a high quality website like MOZ must do major due diligence to offer any link to maintain it's reputation.

    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    But I get your point, if a manual review uncovered a lot of auto submit directory links Google would probably send a notice through webmaster tools.
    The OP's desire to acquire dofollow links that are a feature of a service is the problem with both examples.

    A link is a benefit of sharing something of value to the readership not a feature of posting that value. A very subtle difference with huge consequences. Advertising "here is my site" is not actually sharing and Google is very specific about what must be done.
    Last edited by fathom; Apr 25th, 2015 at 08:25 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Instant approval directory submissions?
    By anny.seo09 in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo