1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Improving Ranking

Hi all,

I have a site I made for a client zestofranchising.com. I did no SEO for him, and when he searched in google for zesto franchising, it showed at #5. He wants to be at #1.

I had a friend who knows SEO give me advice, and using it, went to #3 on google, and #2 on bing and yahoo.

I think he also wants to cover the keyword searches:
    zesto franchising and zesto franchise

and I'd imagine he'll want to rank high (doesn't have to be #1) for similar terms, like: ice cream franchise.

I've done many things, but I am still outranked by zesto-ice-cream.com/franchise.htm and zesto-ice-cream.com/locations.htm.

What else can I do to improve how it ranks?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

easy peasy
    change the title to Zesto Franchising and add it to your copyright as well.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Test-ok,

You are the man!, thank you!

I changed the Title from Zesto to Zesto Franchising, and when searching for Zesto Franchising it went from #2 to #1 in yahoo and bing. It still is #3 in google. The copyright was already Zesto Franchising.

Zesto Franchise shows #2 in yahoo and bing.

Any other areas I can address?
  7. SEO Since 97

No...the title is Franchize not Zesto Franchising or Zesto Franchize.
    and it isn't going to change in the serps that fast
  9. No Profile Picture

I changed it in Dashboard>Appearance>Site Title. It was 'Zesto' and I changed it to 'Zesto Franchising'. That brought it to #2 I think.

Did you mean another area?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I see a title tag of "franchise" on every page. You have about 60 characters in a title tag, so take advantage of it. Change the home page to something like "Zesto Franchising - Open Your Own Ice Cream Stand". It's not just about relevant keywords but also it's your 1st chance to sell the brand concept and try to win the click in search results. Same goes for subpages. Zestofranchising.com/franchise/ title tag should be changed to Zesto Franchising Opportunities at the very least. Also, the content of that page is the same as that of your competitor, so to outrank them you will have to vary it a bit.

You also need some backlinks. Your competitor only has a couple, so it shouldn't be too hard to move past them once you have a handful of people linking to your site. This can be done by adding content that people want to link to. Reviews/testimonials, links to local TV news visits, the story of the family history, maps to area stores, case studies of other successful franchisees, all about the Zesto-Mat machine and so on. Tons of opportunities!

Lastly, you're only looking at your 1 competitor and trying to compete for your brand's keyword, but is anyone searching the phrase zestos franchising? If there aren't a bunch of people saying "I gotta look into opening a Zestos!" every month, where you rank for that term is kind of irrelevant.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hi DanSEO,

I got a little sidetracked, and put this down. Thank you for the thorough reply. I hope we can revisit it.

Let me see if I addressed all your other suggestions:

First, for 'title tag'. I am using the Wordpress Yoast SEO plugin and entering most of my SEO changes there. It has 3 fields on each page: "Focus Keyword", "SEO Title", and "Meta Description"

For "SEO Title", I suppose that's "title tag". I entered "Zesto Franchising - Open Your Own Zesto Ice Cream Franchise" for that.

"Zestofranchising.com/franchise/ title tag should be changed to Zesto Franchising Opportunities at the very least. "
    Done. I also changed the page name to 'Franchise Opportunity'. Not sure if that helps. I changed the wording on zestofranchising.com/franchise to Zesto Franchising Opportunities a bit.

Backlinks - I added some news references for the College World Series which the client has mentioned a few times, where there was a Zesto's close by.

He has the rights to allow people to open franchises for all but a few states, but I don't think anyone has gotten one through him yet, as far as I know.

To the last point, right, probably people are not searching for the expression 'zesto franchise'. He was though. He wanted the #1 spot, so I am trying to get him here, and for similar terms, like:

zesto franchise
    zesto franchising
    zesto ice cream franchise
    ice cream franchise (which is hard, as I see the big names: Carvel, Coldstone, etc).

Still #3 for the first 3 terms. Do I have to wait for backlinks, or is there something else I missed?
    Last edited by Test-ok; Sep 1st, 2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: edit out link
  15. SEO Since 97

I am trying to get him here, and for similar terms, like:
    zesto franchise
    zesto franchising
    zesto ice cream franchise
    There's your titles, I doubt many people search the word Opportunity, so why waste the title space.
  17. No Profile Picture

hi,
    you can change your title to increse the google ranking.for these things seo is the best way like social book marking submission,article submission ,blogs with related your website should be on www.