1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Improving my ranking

Hi all

I've been working on SEO for my site (martincphotography.co.uk) for about 8 months now. During that time I was targeting two keyword phrases.

1. Wedding photographer Nottingham
    2. Wedding Photographer Derby

After a few months I managed to get onto page 1 and life was good but since then I seem to have dropped down for the first term which is my preferred but still on page 2 for the second.

I'm at a bit of a loss how to improve it since when I look at competitors sites, they seem to be less optimized than mine and sometimes have less backlinks too.

Can anyone maybe have a look and point me in the right direction? I am wondering if I am over optimizing on keywords? I notice for example my second term I am still firmly on page 1 and I barely do anything for that. Or is it simply a case of tougher competition for #1?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi there,

This was pretty interesting to take a look at. One of the major things that stuck out to me without digging too deeply, is how your Meta tags utilize your keywords. If you look at the results on the 1st page, all of their Meta Titles have the exact phrase "Wedding photographer Nottingham", which also appears in their Meta Description in the same effect. Not to condone keyword stuffing of any sorts, but that appears to be one difference that is jumping off the page.

Also, have you submitted your business to Google Maps/Set up a Google+/Submitted any reviews? That, plus some other local directory submissions, could help you jump back up to page one.

Best of luck!
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for that. I've just looked in Yoast and found the following in Taxonomies. Title Template: Nottingham Wedding Photographer - %%term_title%%

I'll try removing the keyword bit.

I've also asked a few previous customers to leave me some reviews so hopefully that will help.

If anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to share.

Thank you!