1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I work for a Food Distribution company & have no Idea where to start on my SEO

I currently am a web developer for a company called Quirch foods, the site www.quirchfoods.com seems to be ranked low I believe its almost the last option on the 4th page of the google search, I have never encountered SEO as this is my first website. Where should I start ?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You need to start with onsite work.
    You have quite a bit to do I am afraid, site speed is dreadful.
    You have a few redirects going on as your referring to www versions of your site but using the none www version. So why link to pages that are not there ?
    You have a 404 for your contact us page
    I notice you have some 403 errors (Forbidden) not too sure why I did not look.
    Some of your images are huge, each page should contain no more than 100kb but some images are way more than that on their own.
    A lot of alt text is also missing.

The list goes on I am afraid so there is a lot you can do to tidy up the site.
    Personally I would grab a free copy of screaming frog as your site is only 20 pages and although it wont hold your hand it will enable you to see what is not right.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by ASantos
    I currently am a web developer for a company called Quirch foods, the site Home - Quirch Foods seems to be ranked low I believe its almost the last option on the 4th page of the google search, I have never encountered SEO as this is my first website. Where should I start ?
    Why would a company hire someone to do a job who has no idea how to do it? You should not touch this website until you have developed your skills. You will do more harm than good
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I currently am a web developer for a company called Quirch foods, the site Home - Quirch Foods seems to be ranked low I believe its almost the last option on the 4th page of the google search, I have never encountered SEO as this is my first website. Where should I start ?
    Why would a company hire someone to do a job who has no idea how to do it? You should not touch this website until you have developed your skills. You will do more harm than good
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi ASantos
    As you said you are the Web Developer, so you can do On-Page optimization of your website as Chedders said and there are lots of free sites auditor tools available online that gives you the report what are the errors in your website's. Optimize your website's On-Page and learn about SEO before doing anything else with your website for a SEO purpose or outsource your website to the SEO agency.