1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think this is mission impossible, please help

I just get a task by which i am asked to rank a keyword "pellet mill" to the first page of google in 2 month.
    This keyword, of course, is not that competitive as "digital camera", etc. but it is still a seed keyword in it's niche industry.
    Only organic traffic is allowed to reach the target. At present what i have is a brand new website: npmplant dot com , i really dont know what to do. Would you everyone please help me. Lots of thanks!
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Nov 20th, 2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: removed link
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's not that competitive really but 2 months is pretty quick for someone who has no experience with SEO. I would take this next 2 months to find a different job that has non-morons for bosses.

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    It's not that competitive really but 2 months is pretty quick for someone who has no experience with SEO. I would take this next 2 months to find a different job that has non-morons for bosses.
    LOL...thanks for your reply. actually, it is because the sales is not in a good situation in this half year, my boss give this target as a incentive policy with extra bonus, thought it's pretty tough for me, but i still want to try. bwy, i have little experience for seo for more than 1 year. So, if there is anything worth to try, please tell me, thank you very much!
  7. No Profile Picture

Considering the deadline, all you can try to do is follow the basic steps and see where it leads.

- Create a landing page targeting the keyword - optimize it according to the on-page SEO principles
    - Make an offer related to the keyword, and start promoting it on your website and on all other social channels you're using (hope you do)
    - I checked your website and you don't have a blog available - if you did, you could have written a blog post targeting the same keyword

But even with all these, reaching in top Google listings in 2 months without ads is really hard even for an experienced SEO.

All the best!

Comments on this post

• Jen1 agrees
  9. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Relocated this thread to a more appropriate section.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Anne Stewart
    Considering the deadline, all you can try to do is follow the basic steps and see where it leads.

- Create a landing page targeting the keyword - optimize it according to the on-page SEO principles
    - Make an offer related to the keyword, and start promoting it on your website and on all other social channels you're using (hope you do)
    - I checked your website and you don't have a blog available - if you did, you could have written a blog post targeting the same keyword

But even with all these, reaching in top Google listings in 2 months without ads is really hard even for an experienced SEO.

All the best!
    Thanks Anne. I will try these you told me.
  13. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Anne Stewart
    - I checked your website and you don't have a blog available - if you did, you could have written a blog post targeting the same keyword!
    That all sounds great and everything, but creating content wont rank a site on it's own.

No linky, no ranky.

Try reading the stickies in these forums Jack

Content Writing/Marketing

Link Development

Also try and think of all the industry leading sites in your niche, look who they link to and why, then try and think of a reason why they would link to your site.. if you can't think of one, create one.

Comments on this post

• ileansolutions agrees : No linky, no ranky... love it!
    • Anne Stewart agrees
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill