1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I am struggling with keyword research, and Google Keyword Planner

To get in the search rankings faster, I am really considering upping my social media. The last couple of weeks, I have been trying to get as many subscribers, friends, and followers on various social media sites - Youtube(464 subscribers in the past 6 years), Twitter(42 followers), Instagram (10 followers), and Google+(92 followers), and Facebook(153 friends)

I look at how some websites have a bunch of keywords instead of just one keyword, and they usually have both low competition and high competition keywords, instead of just one or the other.

I also notice that some websites have multiple meta descriptions for the website and multiple meta keywords for each page of a website. How well does this idea work?

The thing is, I am trying to rank for a title/keyword for a ebook I am doing for Amazon Kindle, and its pretty hard to come up with a compelling title, that enough people will search for.

I am trying to figure out how to properly use keywords in Google Keyword Planner. I bought Market Samurai for keyword research, but someone said it was a waste of money.

When I look at low competition keywords with as low as 10 to 150 searches per month and a CPC of say .50 cents , do you think that might be good to rank for, and eventually get a lot of people to my site? If I chose that one, could those searches per month increase as I use social media from my YouTube page and other social media sites to backlink to my website with the book that i am writing? How well would this idea work?

Or should I rank for something a little higher in competition but still quite low in competition, but say 1,500 searches per month, and cost per click of say .70 cents?

The problem with some of these is that even with low competition keywords, when I do a search for that keyword on google without quotes , the search results may be too high 240, 000, 000 for example. Does tht mean 240, 000, 000 sites are competing for that keyword?

Then when I utilize Allintitle: and Allinanchor: and putting the keyword in quotes it might limit it down to like for example 60, 000 search results.

Then again, I see people that just make up a keyword that no one would ever search for, but yet they have quite a lot of social media followers, and eventually if they get enough backlinks and likes from social media, they eventually get a lot of searches for that keyword, which translates into more traffic and buying. Since the keyword has gone viral, now its a popular search term that almost everyone searches for.

I'm been trying on the internet and looking in books to find complete information on how to effectively do keyword research, but all that I get is a bunch of contradictions, and people that are just there to make a profit. For me, keyword research has been a complex puzzle, to put all the puzzle pieces together into one.
  3. No Profile Picture

Spending time on social sites makes a lot of sense since Google started considering social signals as one of its ranking factors. Trying to increase your followers is good too but time consuming if you are not spending any dollars on it. Ask some of your good friends to share the links you post to their followers. When someone shares or retweets your content, you instantly get an organic link to your page.

Avoid a bunch of keywords in your title. Use 2 keywords with your brand name.
    Brand :: keyword 1 – keyword 2

keyword 1 – keyword 2 :: Brand

Brand (Book title/your website)

Keywords
    (Book title) review

Best (category books)

This is what people see in search results. Try to use only important keywords and make it look clean. Using a brand keyword will not help you with rankings but will boost your CTR.

Big NO to multiple meta descriptions. Not a healthy practice. We don’t want to confuse search engines. Use one title and one meta description per page/post.

Go for keywords with at least 1000 searches per month.

“The problem with some of these is that even with low competition keywords, when I do a search for that keyword on google without quotes , the search results may be too high 240, 000, 000 for example. Does that mean 240, 000, 000 sites are competing for that keyword?”

No, that does not mean that x number of sites are targeting the same keyword. It just means that there are 240000000 web pages in googles index of the web that are related to your keyword and sorted in descending order or relevancy and popularity. Scan the first 50 to 100 results, you might get some interesting keyword variations to experiment with.

See if there are enough searches for your book. In case there are not many searches, think of what category(business, marketing, travel guide or maybe fiction) your book falls into. Look for broad as well as specific categories. See how e commerce players have categorized the book on their websites. Google your list of categories to find more keywords and see what works for you.

I am new to SEO and I had the same problem. I was always looking for that one step by step keyword research guide. But I soon realized that there isn't one. Google instant search results and keyword ideas at the bottom of the page will help you find more keywords. See what pages similar to you are ranking for similar keywords.