1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to rank 20 subdirectories?

Hello,

If I want to get my subdirectories ranked, should I just send my SEO Links to the subdirectories
    or is it also important to send some SEO to the ROOT-DOMAIN? Even if I dont want the root-domain to be ranked.

I ask because I have like 20 subdirectories with different sub-niches and I am not sure if i need to send SEO to my root-domain
    or to each subdirectorie.

What would be the best way?

best regards,
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What is an seo link? Do you mean sub pages rather than directories?
    Your question is confusing to me.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    What is an seo link? Do you mean sub pages rather than directories?
    Your question is confusing to me.
    With seo link i mean backlinks.
    With directories i mean sub pages, yes.
  7. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

"Send SEO to my domain" - You're talking as though link building is SEO, it's not. Learn on-page SEO.

I wouldn't build links, you'll more than likely sink as opposed to get benefits from it.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by matt1966
    "Send SEO to my domain" - You're talking as though link building is SEO, it's not. Learn on-page SEO.

I wouldn't build links, you'll more than likely sink as opposed to get benefits from it.
    Hello,
    i did not mention on-page seo because i already did that.
    I finished my websites few weeks ago but dont know the best way to get my sub pages ranked, like if its usefull/worth to send some backlinks to the root domain.
  11. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I dont mean to sound condescending but we hear all the time I have done all the onsite SEO, but when the user tells us their domain it is rarely the case. So I would doubt you have finished with the onsite SEO as there is always more that can be done even after the basics are covered.

OK to answer your question, The most powerful page on your site is normally the home page, thats because its the one with the most links pointing to it. By links I mean internal as well as external links. This also will spider out across your site enabling inner pages to rank as well. Some pages though may need a boost, now I would normally build more more internal links but many starting out would just go out and gain some backlinks not understanding that a bad backlink is worse than a good one.

Most links available now are no follow, these links wont help you rank so gaining a really good do follow link is really difficult. You said you have some links that you can direct at your inner pages, if they are no follow then they are worthless, if they are follow and you have built them then they most probably are spam and could have a negative effect.

In my footer I have writing a article on why you should not build backlinks, I would have a read and decide from there.
    Last edited by Chedders; Feb 9th, 2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinks in 2018