1. No Profile Picture

Post How to improve DA and PA of my website

My website's DA and PA is not good enough, how can I improve both of them as I'm coder, not SEO expert and want to do SEO by myself, could you please help me out how I can do without SEO knowledge?
  3. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello and welcome,

I wouldn't go chasing DA and PA. They aren't Google metrics - they measure how your site ranks, but they have no influence on it. Moz themselves basically say "if you want to improve your DA and PA, then you should work to improve your rankings for the keywords/phrases/queries you're targeting."

DA and PA can be useful as very broad metrics. People use them sometimes when they want a bird's-eye view of how a site ranks. Even then, it's important to use additional data and not rely solely on DA and PA.

Anyway...there are no tricks to improving DA/PA. Even if there were, increasing them would have no tangible impact other than increasing your DA/PA...which neither Google nor any other search engine really cares about.

Google has an SEO starter guide that is pretty helpful: http://www.hildamateiu.com/docs/sear...rter-guide.pdf

It's a little old though, so it might not mention how important mobile usability is becoming.

We have a lot of great stickied threads for beginners too. Some of them are listed here: [Read First!] New SEOChat Members: WELCOME!!

I try to update this every now and then with really neat threads about all kinds of things: The "Great Threads" Thread

Hope some of that helps.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply

Thanks markroberts for your reply, I've hired a person for my website SEO, He let me know about the DA and PA of my website, he said you need to improve your DA and PA that's why I'm asking this question. My website bounce rate is also very heigh and I did not know how to reduce this. If you have any idea please let me know.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Your web address would be needed to provide any advice in these areas..

bounce rate is high generally speaking because your targeted audience is not the audience you should be targeting. Again, without being able to see the site....

edited to add
    DA and PA can best be increased by building back links. Be careful here... Google's Penguins are running unleashed.

Comments on this post

• markroberts agrees
    • Prof.stan agrees
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 13th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
  9. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Uzma
    Thanks markroberts for your reply, I've hired a person for my website SEO, He let me know about the DA and PA of my website, he said you need to improve your DA and PA that's why I'm asking this question. My website bounce rate is also very heigh and I did not know how to reduce this. If you have any idea please let me know.
    Bounce rate is also a very flimsy thing. It's not known how much of an impact it will have on your ranking. And it's not even always a bad thing. Our forums have a relatively high bounce rate, but our threads still rank pretty well and they get crawled quickly. People find our threads when searching Google for answers to their questions - if our threads answer their questions, they read it and then leave to work on implementing solutions. In a way, a high bounce rate could even be a good indicator for us. Of course, we do want people to come back and look at other threads, maybe register and start posting with us. But we don't measure how satisfied our visitors are by bounce rate alone.

So what kind of site do you have? There are lots of ways to get people to go elsewhere on your site from the first page. Maybe you could suggest other pages to them with a "You May Also Be Interested In..." section or something, for example. As KnowOneSpecial indicates, it could also be the case that the traffic you're getting is not the traffic you should be targeting. If you get a link from, say, the Huffington Post for example. And you're, say, a site that sells real estate. Let's say the HuffPo article was about a new study, and some data you collected was used in it. So they cited you as the source of the data. You're going to get all kinds of people looking at that article - mostly people who are interested in data or big trends, or were attracted to a big headline, or maybe financial people or even other people who sell real estate. Those people might be interested in looking at the original data on your site - that one page - but they're probably going to leave after they do so. Having a big audience isn't always most effective thing - sometimes you need a sniper's rifle and not a shotgun to get the job done.

Anyway, yeah. I'm not an expert. But we have quite a few professionals here among our senior member base. Like KnowOneSpecial says, share your website if you can. Leave off the www and http parts though please.
  11. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I know it happens in this industry sometimes so called SEO claiming that once we started working on your site then your DA, PA or other matrixes will be improved due to this your bounce rate will be reduced and you will also find improvement in organic results. For DA and PA, you should read the example from here What is Page Authority?. That will give more clear picture how these matrixes work?

For bounce rate please read Mark suggestions and also let me know do you really getting traffic from organic searches or just direct?
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thank you so much, Mark, for your good suggestions I'll try to follow all of them, once again thanks guys for my help.
    Prof. Stan my most traffic come through Google means organic and only 10- 15% direct.
  15. Entrepreneur

Then target the right keywords and landing pages. you can get more insightful stuff from https://www.optimizesmart.com/two-po...e-bounce-rate/
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hello Uzma, if you're just starting out, you should choose a domain name that is relevant to your website. It's another way to increase your website's DA. And there are number of ways to increase your PA, like building internal links via interacting on the site you have link on (commenting, liking, etc), but the easiest way is to just build backlinks to your backlinks.

Comments on this post

• Chedders : black hat
  19. Dinosaur

Hello Uzma, if you're just starting out, you should choose a domain name that is relevant to your website. It's another way to increase your website's DA. And there are number of ways to increase your PA, like building internal links via interacting on the site you have link on (commenting, liking, etc), but the easiest way is to just build backlinks to your backlinks.
    really bad advice

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : I have reported this post as spam.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog