Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

He seem to stubborn to listen, he also seem he was loosing his patience.
    Maybe I have enlighten him.. maybe opened his eyes to the fact his skill sets needs to be improved on. I will refrain from chiming in too soon next time, (thanks for pointing out I made it too simple for him ).... lol.. let'em suffer a few days longer next time, I will.... LOL

He seemed to me to be one of those folks with a "Full Cup" if you get my meaning...
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Nov 10th, 2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling correction
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I'm listening, and I appreciate all of your help and responses. So thank you everyone. I'm also not a guy, I'm a girl - for the record.

I think I wasn't communicating my thoughts in the correct way, which can happen on a message board. I was more just trying to say that I thought the two sites were very similar so I couldn't figure out why the one was still beating us for words like lasik omaha when it was in our own domain. I've learned now that this factor does not matter, it's something I honestly didn't understand. There is a lot to learn in SEO and I'm still learning. I don't claim to know everything, that's why I was here to get help.

Thank you for pointing out the backlinks thing, we found that in an audit of the sites and realized that OmahaEye.com has much more backlinks and from .org organizations, so I think having backlinks from .org and .edu is really good too, right? I also thought maybe site speed could be an issue too. So to the person who reiterated the backlink issue, thank you, we will start working on that first, and no we would never purchase links. We have people on our team who do organic outreach and relationship building to earn links.

Obviously my experience doesn't speak for everyone on my team at work, I was just trying to learn and do some research on my own for this project without bothering others. It's not really learning if you have to bug someone in your company with questions about everything, so I try to learn as much as I can about a subject first. I was tasked with finding out reasons why that company was beating our client and come up with some tactics to help improve.

I really do appreciate all of your help. I came to this thread, obviously as a newbie to get help. I wish some of you could have refrained from personally attacking me because now it has just made me feel bad about myself and afraid to ask for help again. I honestly was confused by the first post, it took me a few minutes to process what was being said. I'm sure you can remember back to when you were learning SEO or like in any subject, things don't click right away so I was confused. I apologize if I came off a certain way.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer me and teaching me some important lessons about seeking out SEO answers. Next time, I will do more research before asking.

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well I was almost correct about everything... LOL... I got the gender wrong... Sorry about that...

having backlinks from .org and .edu is really good too, right?
    Yes....but there are exceptions for .org...

Depending on who the .org is makes a real big difference... Depending if it is a real Organization. Unlike .edu, anyone in the world can buy a .org. To own a .edu domain, you must qualify as an institution of higher learning first and foremost ... these domains are highly regulated, so when those domains, (.edu) link to you ... they carry a lot of clout.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The forum is a place to learn and I encourage you to ask as many questions as you see fit. I was asking questions of this kind of level only a few months ago myself - I'm sure the experienced members would also encourage you to ask away too.

I think the issue that people had, or I had, was that someone was paying money for the services being provided. Time after time I see "SEO Experts" with no knowledge charging their clients, but at the same time asking the forum what a title tag is. Drives me insane.

If you're still learning, new to the company, then great. Ask away.

If you were offended by anything I've said then I apologize!

Don't be scared to ask questions... please. If I didn't I still wouldn't have any knowledge.
    Last edited by matt1966; Nov 11th, 2017 at 12:59 PM.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: