Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    JTT
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation For Hire ASAP - Information Architect, WP, MySql, php

I know this isn't a job forum but its worth a shot. I know exactly what I'm doing, just not how to do it. Small business, huge potential, 1 man show.

http://bit.ly/1z3jmWM

My website has a host of issues that need addressing ASAP. This is the 4th iteration of the company's site over 3 years, including a domain change followed within 6 months by a reversion to the initial domain. Circumstances prevented server-side redirects from the ranking domain (3rd of 4th site) and it is not in our control. There have been numerous additions and deletions of tags and categories in Wordpress with the resulting 404s. Site needs to be redeployed with the original urls and the internal linking structure changed to our specs with the addition of a custom sidebar. We'e lost most of our TF, CF and DA but the backlinks still exist from quality sites. Job is very complex and I am very capable, with access to the best tools nobody knows about, so this is not a light request. I need a genius.

The person I need will have knowledge of: Mysql, php, css (minor revisions and styling only), Wordpress CMS, Silo IA, Xenu or Screaming Frog

Tools available to you for reports, if needed: All of the above, cloned sites, Ahrefs, Majestic, SEMRush, Moz, GA, Webmaster Tools, etc.

DM or reply if interested or know where I can ask. - Thanks
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Sometimes people do post here looking for work - I usually let it slide and I'll leave this up too. Welcome to SEO Chat - hope you stick around and post
  5. No Profile Picture
    JTT

Hi Mark! I really appreciate your generosity. I half expected it to get denied. I could start a thread and walk through each step if that would be better (if time allowed I'd start a thread in each requisite category..its a pretty holistic problem). I suppose that might help others as well. Is that acceptable? I definitely do plan on sticking around. I'm completely new to the game so still in sponge mode.
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

No worries - I'd keep it at one thread for now.
  9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

This is a bit too vague for me, but Just noticed one thing that you should fix ASAP, your non www to www redirections (or vice versa).

Do you have a list of your old Urls?
    When you talk about a custom sidebar, what functionalities should it have?

You talk about MySQL skills only for DB clean-up or custom integration? (Same thing with PHP)

I think this info would help the users that read you thread.
    Owner of Bennetonable | AdWords certified - Analytics qualified
    On-Page SEO Cheat Sheet | "My opinions are my own. Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  11. No Profile Picture
    JTT

I appreciate the reply Pierre! I know the redirect loop is happening but I'm reluctant to dabble any more. The support guys at Liquidweb are amazing and have tried helping me but I’m digging the hole deeper. I had spent no more than 10 min on the server side of our site when all this began 2 weeks ago. Looking back now, I realize my mistake. I asked if they could force the www (ignorance, I now know) and they altered the htaccess file, which is already monstrous from WP-Rocket. The url should be http and has been from the beginning but I changed it in Google Console to https last week. So I need to find that code and delete it from htaccess (I think?).
    I have a list of all urls, the entire Opencart site that the developer was kind enough to provide (minus that 1 thing he keeps so it works), all of the content, etc.

The sidebar issue has been resolved.

The database does not need customization. I wouldn't know what to do anyway. In time.

From 2014 until present

Domain 1 (D1) http ://fulomskin dot com.au (Adobe Business Catalyst)

D2: http:// fulomskin dot com (Adobe Business Catalyst) was redirected to https

D3: Apr 16-Oct 16 – http:// www dot fulomskin dot com (Change server and custom built OpenCart site that was a mistake)

D4: Oct 16- 23 Jan 17 –Domain changed once and server twice. https:// www dot fulomskincare dot com was root domain. www dot fulomskin dot com was parked as sub. All 301s and htaccess established skincare.com as the canonical and authority was routed to it. Site put together by a master SEO. Was ranking (top 100) within 30 days for highly competitive keywords. Content was pushed out daily on blog and all social channels. It’s a wonderful life.

Mid-Jan to present – I’m trying and failing to recapture the backlink structure from the D2 times. The permalink structure has not remained the same for more than 5 months from D2 onward. The only constant are the backlinks I knew about, which were redirected along the way.
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I looked at your site from quite a few different perspectives...

Using the wayback machine, I think 2015 was probably your best year...

Seems you are quite dissatisfied with Quadtech(doc)com(dot)au. I can understand that, them putting a site wide all over your site.

Looking at your site, what I have concluded is.

You have decided for what ever reason, to take Quadtech out of the picture. You have re-designed your website. All menu options go to 404 pages. Your website is basically down. You have quite the mess on your hands... Hopefully your content can be reconstructed from backup copies of the website. If not... you are going to need a cowboy
    job done. (in this instance cowboy just means done yesterday, not tomorrow).

Oh and please stop your link building... you are going about it the wrong way. Once you get someone on board to fix your site, let them handle it.

I wish you luck in this venture. This site could almost be a full time job for a month or two.

There a quite a few here that I could recommend to you. ( no don't ask me, sorry )
  15. No Profile Picture
    JTT

Hasty assumption

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    I looked at your site from quite a few different perspectives...

Using the wayback machine, I think 2015 was probably your best year...

Seems you are quite dissatisfied with Quadtech(doc)com(dot)au. I can understand that, them putting a site wide all over your site.

Looking at your site, what I have concluded is.

You have decided for what ever reason, to take Quadtech out of the picture. You have re-designed your website. All menu options go to 404 pages. Your website is basically down. You have quite the mess on your hands... Hopefully your content can be reconstructed from backup copies of the website. If not... you are going to need a cowboy
    job done. (in this instance cowboy just means done yesterday, not tomorrow).

Oh and please stop your link building... you are going about it the wrong way. Once you get someone on board to fix your site, let them handle it.

I wish you luck in this venture. This site could almost be a full time job for a month or two.

There a quite a few here that I could recommend to you. ( no don't ask me, sorry )

I'm 31 years old, have no experience building a website or doing SEO and yet, here I am trying to figure out how to do Sql queries across databases containing dependencies. I manage every aspect of this business from server to answering the phones. So forgive me if I find your comment distasteful. It's more like 5 full-time jobs.

The links you are likely referring to were all put there by professionals acting on good faith. So please, start being part of the solution not the problem.

In your defense though, I am a nightmare client.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by JTT; Feb 12th, 2017 at 11:17 PM.
  17. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You seriously need to remove this line of code with some urgency

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow,noodp"/>

There is no such tag as follow, noodp is fair enough your telling google not to use the open directory for page titles / descriptions, but its the noindex that is the main issue.
    Your telling google to exclude your page / site from its index. so assuming you want to be found on google that single line is doing you massive harm.
    IMHO
  19. No Profile Picture
    JTT

I turned on Yoas's noindex function. I don't want the bots crawling unit everything else is in place. There are massive databases in the wp_options and wp_links containters. I'm trying (not very well obviousoly) to get as clear of a picture of the site rigt now so that I can assign locations in Mecico.

Alternatiely I could drop the table completely and then import the restore every of it, but I have no clue how to work with Regex. I can't just drop the tables and build new ones--all previous would be auto 404. Considering the circumstances, I think I'm doing ok with figuring this stuff out.
  21. SEO Since 97

I have a real hard time a working with someone who thinks they have all the answers who's asking to hire someone for help. I'd stay far away, like a ten foot pole length.
  23. No Profile Picture
    JTT

Why is that so much of a problem? I have to prepare for the eventuality that I will either not be able to find someone or that I will have to try and learn how to fix it.

But I will end my involvement in the thread here. This probably should have gone in a different thread anyway. Thank to those that replied. KnowOneSpecial, thank you. Your menu alert helped me fix a simple big problem.
  25. Dinosaur

You have already stated you would be a nightmare client.
    It reminds me of the carpet guy we had on here.
    Offer advice then get a load of reason back about why you did it that way and its not going to matter.

Having NOINDEX is a massive deal. It's really not something to play with turning on and off.
    Once set it can take months for Google to come knocking again.

Wordpress should really remove that option once a site has been put live. It causes so much harm to sites being run by people who don't understand.
    Anyway you seem to think you have it all covered so no need for me to explain further
    Last edited by Chedders; Feb 13th, 2017 at 05:58 AM.
    IMHO
  27. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Here is a snippet from you site prior to you changing the format. Website by quadtech, is a site wide link. and you say

Originally Posted by JTT
    Quadtech had nothing to do with this, so please don't make assumptions.

Then you say
    Originally Posted by JTT
    The links you are likely referring to were all put there by professionals acting on good faith. So please, start being part of the solution not the problem.
    So which is it. I made the assumption about Quadtech and the links or the fact your menu system item all points to 404 pages and your site is basically down!

I don't really care if you think they were put there in good faith or not. It's not the issue !! They hurt your site, and you have removed them, probably one of the best things you could do!

So I have made assumptions, oh my god, I scanned your site, found some faults with it.. and you think I dont know what I am talking about.

I didnt make assumptions here, I make observations, and if I don't know something, I state it as an opinion. But you kind sir. do not know how to take positive constructive criticism. I also noted you are going about building links in a bad way. For a fact, keep it up and no one will be able to help you with your problems.. that is just a fact !

Mate you ask for advice, and you obviously don't or didn't like my answer. How in the hell are you going to fix your site if you don't know what is wrong with it !!
    In your case probably the problem with your site is the "Owner and his attitude" but that is must my opinion!

Wish you luck. Mate. You have a wonderful year.... I really mean that, I will all the luck in this venture.....

BTW You couldn't afford me any way, I am way outside of your budget range!
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 13th, 2017 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling correction
  29. No Profile Picture
    JTT

You guys are right and I apologize for being a prick. I don't own any equity in the company, which makes it worse that I am running it into the ground. It's been a very stressful few weeks and it was asinine to just ask for help and be so disrespectful.

@Cheddars - I did not know that the implications were that grave for NOINDEX. Thank you, sincerely, for sharing. I removed it. The literature that I've seen doesn't seem to make it out to be a long lasting issue. Even with NOINDEX the site is getting crawled and 404s are arriving in droves. The website that Google shows me on fetch is from the previous build in Opencart 8 months ago. Bing still shows the Australian website. There have been issues all throughout so I have no idea what's going on.

@KnowOneSpecial - A huge apology Sir. Having a bit of a tough time with all this and it affects my judgement. I have no right to come onto this site and be a ****. I just don't think they knew what good links are. They're a tiny Mom and Pop in the Outback of Australia. But there have been a few others in between. Link-building is another one of the things I have to learn.

Owner and attitude I can and am willing to rectify. The site...whole host of problems that you are correct in stating I have no idea. Xenu returns 11600 results, most of which are remnants of a misconfigured Google shopping plug-in.

You're also correct in that we couldn't afford you! I've seen what an expert SEO is capable of and it's extraordinarily valuable. For SEOs in my city it is impossible to find people who appreciate the value you guys bring. Hats off.

Sorry again fellas. Thank you for your time.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: