1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs up Hello, I am noob. >> paid or not paid traffic?

Hello everyone. Been reading the forum for a week or so now and love the help and inspiration from everyone willing to help people make their dream come true in the world of internet income. Thank you all so very much for the help, (even though it was indirect).

I am very new to internet marketing and SEO optimization so please be patient as I know you all have been in the past with several different people. I leaped into Google Sniper 3.0 three days ago and have read the PDF along with watched all the videos. While sitting and waiting, (seems to be the game with SEO's) I stumbled upon an interesting charictar with High Traffic Academy, vick strizheus... His approach was alot different than what I was used to with Google Sniper in that you didn't have to wait for months and months to get your website ranked to sell product. His idea was to pay to get "traffic funneled" to your website.... Then I learned yesterday that he also got arrested for Grand Theft. Turning in false insurance documents for a life insurance program he was working apparently.

I say all of that to ask this question. Paid or not paid traffic?

Also if anyone has any good information for a noob feel free to message me or reply. I would love any information you have to offer as well as any links to good information that could help me in choosing niches and turning profit. Would love to make stay at home moneyeven if I have to hire a mentor or coach to teach me perhaps.

Thank you all for your time and God bless.

Scott.
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

(FTR I've edited your thread title, so your post wouldn't be moved to our "Welcome thread")
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by williamwhitton
    His idea was to pay to get "traffic funneled" to your website
    Hi Scott,
    Paying for traffic is less an SEO strategy and more about marketing.
    "No-Followed" paid links will not directly effect your SEO... So you should also be looking for free traffic via regular SEO methods.

If you are asking should you buy links which are "disguised as" free links (but are "followed"), the answer is of course "No" (and no fiddling your income tax either)
    Then it's no longer an SEO question, it's about morals... and trust... In your supplier, his (other) clients, (ex) employees, competitors, etc etc

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

ClickyB,

Thanks for the insight. I agree with you on keeping morals. I am so green to affiliate marketing I can use all the advice.