Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

BackLinks Filtering Process How to do This
    This thread will helpful for figuring out the difference of a bad link as far as a good link.

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Let's add a few more!

Don't go to conferences to learn SEO - Conferences are great places to network and learn about the cutting edge...but not very good places for a newbie to learn about SEO. Why? Here's a great write-up from Pierre Benneton

So you bought a business - Businesses buy each other all the time. The question that often gets thrown up into the air for the "web guy" to grapple with is...what happens to the two separate websites? How do they merge? KnowOneSpecial, Prof.stan, mainstwebguy have a great discussion in this thread.

Paywalls and Content - The Nuances of How Google Defines Cloaking - Or "50 Shades of Cloaking" as Pierre suggested it should have been called Paywalls are an interesting situation because you want all your content indexed...but you don't want your users to see all of it. Sometimes this is a dangerous, penalty worth practice called "cloaking." Pierre dug up an interesting Webmaster Hangout video where John Mueller goes into the nuances of cloaking in a way I hadn't encountered before.

Signature Links - All of our signature links are nofollow, so they should have no effect on rankings. Still, this thread makes an interesting debate out of the idea - could massive amounts of links with the same anchor text still be harmful even if they're nofollow?

Is CTR a ranking factor? - A classic item on the SEO Chat debate cycle. This is always a lively conversation, and every year it seems to bring new faces and points of views. A good read!

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: