1. No Profile Picture

Google search console

Hi I have few doubts regarding link removal through webmaster tool. In Google search console sidebar->Google index->Remove URL.

1) By the above mentioned method If we need to remove a particular URL how many days it would take?
    2) Will it remove entire cache history also?
    3) Is this method better than robot.txt?

what is the difference between Google search console sidebar->search appearance->sitelink->Demote this site link URL and Google search console sidebar->Google index->Remove URL.?
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi I am answering these according to my knowledge ;

1 - It takes minimum 1 week to 1 month to remove a particular URL, in some cases it might be takes less than 1 week.
    2 - Yes It removes entire cache history.
    3 - robot.txt is better option, as suppose today you want a URL to be cached, and may be in future you wan to cache the URL. So if you are using remove url option from Google search console .. its tough to get Index the URL that you have been removied through search console. In the case of robots.txt you just need to add disallow in case of not wan to be cached and allow in the case of wan to be chached .. that all, it also take less time as compare to Google search console.

For your second Q that diff between search appearance->sitelink->Demote this site link & Google index->Remove URL?
    Ans - Both are different things ;

* * -- search appearance->sitelink->Demote this site link - It is for remove you site links from google search appearance, Sitelinks are those links which come under your site main URL for your most prominent keywords, google create these site links by own based on trafiic coming on pages.

* * --
    search console sidebar->Google index->Remove URL - It is for remove a URL for not to be cached by Google crawler ..

I hope it will help you .. :-)
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by srvkumar09
    Hi I am answering these according to my knowledge ;

1 - It takes minimum 1 week to 1 month to remove a particular URL, in some cases it might be takes less than 1 week.
    2 - Yes It removes entire cache history.
    3 - robot.txt is better option, as suppose today you want a URL to be cached, and may be in future you wan to cache the URL. So if you are using remove url option from Google search console .. its tough to get Index the URL that you have been removied through search console. In the case of robots.txt you just need to add disallow in case of not wan to be cached and allow in the case of wan to be chached .. that all, it also take less time as compare to Google search console.

For your second Q that diff between search appearance->sitelink->Demote this site link & Google index->Remove URL?
    Ans - Both are different things ;

* * -- search appearance->sitelink->Demote this site link - It is for remove you site links from google search appearance, Sitelinks are those links which come under your site main URL for your most prominent keywords, google create these site links by own based on trafiic coming on pages.

* * --
    search console sidebar->Google index->Remove URL - It is for remove a URL for not to be cached by Google crawler ..

I hope it will help you .. :-)
    Thank you very much friend, It was very helpful indeed. One more question can we use robot.txt link removal through webmaster tool or it can be remove only through server or cpanel
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by vithobaaseo
    Thank you very much friend, It was very helpful indeed. One more question can we use robot.txt link removal through webmaster tool or it can be remove only through server or cpanel
    There is a robots.txt file checking option is available in Google webmaster, but it only shows is your robot file is ok or having some error with this. If you want to make changes in robot file at server end.