1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google not showing my website in results

Hello.

I believe I have followed most if not all SEO rules. But for some reason my site never seems to appear
    in google' search engine results. Quite frankly I am at a loss. My site gets about 200 hits a day and
    is growing. It has been around for around 2 years. The URL is descriptive and I have a description and
    content that seems to matches the purpose of the site. The only items I can think of are
    (1) my content does not change often since it is a mainly a database and
    (2) I do not get a lot of traffic.

I would assume a search for "fairfax county arrests" or "fairfax county arrest search" or similar should
    get results.

The site URL is: fairfaxcountyarrests.com

Are items (1) and (2) enough to keep it out of rankings?

If anyone has any suggestions that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
    FXA
    Last edited by Chedders; Jan 17th, 2016 at 05:01 PM.
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Do you know have many people search for "fairfax county arrests" or "fairfax county arrest search" ?
    to be honest you could fine that 200 a day is pretty good.
  5. No Profile Picture

My awstats shows I get maybe 20 hits from someone using a keyword or a key phrase. Much less than I expect.
    Most hits (the 200 or so) come from a few sites that have a link to my site. Those sites generate most of the traffic.
    I would like the traffic and would expect the traffic would come from key word or key phrase searches but it does not.
    Last time (well last few times) I searched on google for "fairfax county arrests" my page was nowhere to be seem after
    at least 50 google pages.

Thanks
  7. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Your site home page has little to no unique content... This is very important: Explain what your site does, add pages about the county itself, its history, notable places, well-known names and scandals...

Google is so desperate to dig any useful pages on your site that it even keeps this page in the index which only has "Lorem ipsum" content

I believe you have good chances to rank if you create a resource, not just the database....

You also have too few backlinks but this can wait until you have some content for bots to crawl...

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
    • Test-ok agrees
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  9. No Profile Picture

Hello.

Did not realize it had that Lorem Ipsum content. Thank you for that!

I do find it a bit silly (not saying you are wrong or silly) that a search engine wants you to create extra content to make it
    be considered a higher ranked resource. More content does not necessarily mean more value IMO.

I will take your suggestions and work on getting more content on the home page and on other pages.

Thank you.
  11. Dinosaur

Originally Posted by whoknows
    Hello.

Did not realize it had that Lorem Ipsum content. Thank you for that!

I do find it a bit silly (not saying you are wrong or silly) that a search engine wants you to create extra content to make it
    be considered a higher ranked resource. More content does not necessarily mean more value IMO.

I will take your suggestions and work on getting more content on the home page and on other pages.

Thank you.
    I think your missing Ann's point really. Google does not require you to create anything so dont go creating content that means nothing and is just padding.
    Google looks for authority sites on the subject matter a user searches for, Google can't search your database as it can only click links so strip away the database and image content and what is left ?

On the home page the most content is regarding website disclaimer and terms of service. I assume that's not what your trying to rank for but its on your most powerful page.

Help google help you but providing content that covers the keywords you wish to rank for.
  13. Dinosaur

fairfax.jpg

this image sort of shows you what google will see as far as content is concerned.

Would you say there is enough content to out rank this site Fairfax County - Things to Do in Virginia | Fairfax County, VA