1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Local Ranking Study

Hey everyone,

I work SEO at a small digital marketing company and there is a study we are conducting that I would love some outside input on.
    Right now we have a client that is ranking locally for certain variances of terms, but not others.se

For example:
    He ranks in the local pack for "divorce attorney in summerville" but not "divorce attorney summerville"

We've been doing some test with H1's, H2's, metas, and title tags, but are not seeing results. Anyone have any input or experience with this?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

To be honest its not something I have witnessed myself. The word in I am sure is a stop word so should not have any bearing on it. However it could help with showing the users intent when searching i.e. they are looking for companies located within summerville and maybe your signals are not quite as strong in that regard. I suspect its showing on the maps so they already know your based there but maybe there is some content you can add to the site to reinforce that its servicing that area. For example maybe a page which just talks about sommerville would help.

Bit of guess work I am afraid but its the only thing I can think of without looking at the sites in question.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101