1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation Google issues a warning about Guest Posting

Recently, Google Issues a warning about guest posting, is Guest post still safe?

webmasters.googleblog.com/2017/05/a-reminder-about-links-in-large-scale.html

Anyone heard about this? It seems Google's algorithms are becoming more rigorous!

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : There are some threads that would benefit from this article
    • Chedders agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If you read the article carefully, it explains what Googles considers bad practice and what is good practice. A good read for anyone building links using blogs and such.

Comments on this post

• hoadongtien agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Its in search engine watch last week. Simply you post rubbish for the spam linking or with rubbishy content and keywords they'll now penalise you.

To be honest, it's a long time coming.
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

We get posts almost daily on this, it gets really difficult to keep telling members not to do guest posting over and over again.
    As this was a technique that used to work its hard to kill it as outdated people keep recycling how to game the system with link building. The rel="nofollow" should have made it really difficult and educate people but apparently not, just look in the new members section and there are always posts on how to get backlinks and its normal for someone to post guest posting.

Comments on this post

• hoadongtien agrees
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  9. No Profile Picture

I have watched the recent changes of google and noticed that SEO has changed a lot. The Newbie always likes to "do-follow" because they think it will benefit their site. I've only been blogging for 2 months, and I've just changed my mind since reading the google warning.
  11. No Profile Picture

yes, I agreed with your answers but some of the google SEO experts still using guest posts. some of us still using guest posts and achieving high ranks still am confusing guests are good for ranking and also good for traffic purpose.
  13. No Profile Picture

I have already checked this Google update But still guest posting is safe because webmaster are using relevant website for SEO guest posting.
  15. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You mean safe until your caught
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

There are usually penalties whenever one of these warnings come up but the follow-up was interesting.

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...der-23935.html

Either way, still wouldn't recommend it.
  19. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

If your post will be posted in somewhere for sharing and that is your finding on the specific subjects then it is always worthy for your sites you can linkback your similar content from the content but it is very hard to find those sites those will allow you to backlinks "without nofollow" attribute.
    • First most of the time good sites never allow backlinks to the site those have don't authority in their niches
    • 2nd if few allows then they will add "nofollow" attribute for external resources, so you can't get any advantage of link juice
    • 3rd forget this and write the content for your site only, then it is possibilities you will get backlinks from external referrals
    • Or at least you existing audiences stick around your site.

Remember, guest posting that you are asking about that is very dangerous game don't do this you can catch by Google eyes and your site will be penalized eventually

Comments on this post

• sksharma agrees
    Last edited by Prof.stan; May 31st, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.