1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Facing problem of explosion of links in google search console

Hi,

This is Tushar and newbie to SEO field.

I am working on SEO project for Dermat Clinic and recently encountered a problem in SEO.

I started with the backlinking process and it was going well as per my search console report.

But, recently (approx. 2 weeks before), I was encountered with the problem of explosion of backlinks in links to my site report

It is from my own temporary IP i.e. 172.104.0.63 & links are huge in number like 1019 in just 10 days

But after this, My site suffered rank drops in google reports as well as drop in clicks on regular basis

Here, I suspect that it is due to the explosion of links linking to my site in short period.

After that, I checked with my developer and he said every thing is fine technically.

Now, I am not getting how to resolve it and where does it come from if a developer is saying everything is OK from his side.

Please help!
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you have placed a link in a footer on a different site this can generate 1,000's of links to a site so you need to look at the referring domains and not just the links.
    It is true a large number of links suddenly appearing could trigger a signal within google and a penalty issued for unnatural linking but not always. A lot will depend on if google think your trying to game the system.

In search console there is a tool to disavow these links but first you need to get a full list, you should contact each site and try and get them to remove the link. Any that fail to reply or refuse to move the link then add them to the file for disavow. This is a lengthy process and took me about 3 months of full time work to recover a site with the same problem. OK I admit I was a a little inexperienced in the process and it may have been quicker to hire someone but it can be done and I also learnt a lot myself by having to do it.

It is always worth while keeping an eye on who is linking to you and if you dont want the link then take steps to get it removed. Its all part and parcel of being a webmaster I am afraid and having a well managed site.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

thanks for your suggestion Chedders! I will look into and will let you know for sure