1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Email Marketing strategy.

Hello Everyone,
    I am new in email marketing,I couldn't find how to start it.what will be the best tools?
    And from where I could find relevant database.

Can anyone help me in this please.
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

One of my pet hates to be honest. Email Marketing is just a posh name for Spam.
    The only legitimate reason you should ever email a user is if they have signed up and requested to join your list, to send out unsolicited emails is just a black hat technique.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Email marketing is not considered as ethical in Seo industry so try not to use it.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Strange hatred for email marketing on here...if done properly it isn't "spam" at all and it can convert extremely well as we've seen with a number of our clients.

Obviously it's spam if you're just buying databases and firing out nonsense to random people but that's just a waste of time and money anyway.

Establishing your own database is key, give people incentives to join such as discounts or special offers and you have a marketing channel that can be extremely cost effective.

But yeah, don't go buying databases, build your own.
  9. Dinosaur

Its not really that strange.

Emails are looking to top 300 billion per day next year , this is to just 4 billion email accounts. Well over 1/2 of these emails are considered just pure spam, of the type from fake pharmacies, improving your man hood or offering sexual favours. A huge percentage of the rest are unsolicited, i.e. you have not requested to join a email list and its from companies who have just brought a list.
    These lists get sold on, added to and sold on again and their source often is questionable at best. Many come from hacked servers where personal data is stolen.

On the whole email has become the least trusted form of communication with scams, phishing etc I refuse to deal with any company who first contact me via email. In fact I often block them, however that is a waste of my time and its making me spend time on something I have not requested.

If you operate a opt in mail list then that is perfectly fine providing its well secure and you only use it for the purpose that the person requested but too many marketeers have jumped onto this form of communication and killed it for the majority.

I am really careful who I give my email address to, this however does not prevent me receiving 500+ emails a day, most goto my spam folder but even these suck up resources, bandwidth etc and if legislation could be brought in to prevent this I would be all in favour. That however is impossible.
  11. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Its not really that strange.

Emails are looking to top 300 billion per day next year , this is to just 4 billion email accounts. Well over 1/2 of these emails are considered just pure spam, of the type from fake pharmacies, improving your man hood or offering sexual favours. A huge percentage of the rest are unsolicited, i.e. you have not requested to join a email list and its from companies who have just brought a list.
    These lists get sold on, added to and sold on again and their source often is questionable at best. Many come from hacked servers where personal data is stolen.

On the whole email has become the least trusted form of communication with scams, phishing etc I refuse to deal with any company who first contact me via email. In fact I often block them, however that is a waste of my time and its making me spend time on something I have not requested.

If you operate a opt in mail list then that is perfectly fine providing its well secure and you only use it for the purpose that the person requested but too many marketeers have jumped onto this form of communication and killed it for the majority.

I am really careful who I give my email address to, this however does not prevent me receiving 500+ emails a day, most goto my spam folder but even these suck up resources, bandwidth etc and if legislation could be brought in to prevent this I would be all in favour. That however is impossible.
    All of that stuff is spam though, not proper email marketing which certain businesses really shouldn't ignore.

The number of spam emails is ridiculous now but I've seen first hand how effective it can be when you take the time to set everything up properly.

Also, on another note, the new Data Protection Bill due next May in the UK is going to crack down very hard on businesses sending unsolicited emails - https://www.mailingmanager.co.uk/blo...mail-marketing
  13. Dinosaur

There is a huge difference between managing a proper opt in mailing list to the ones I talked about.
    Any unsolicited mail is the same as the junk that comes in your post, goes straight in the bin where it belongs.

When spam emails become a daily issue attempting to sort out genuine emails from the spam its time to look for a better solution.
    For me personally I would quite happily close all my email accounts.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chedders
    There is a huge difference between managing a proper opt in mailing list to the ones I talked about.
    Any unsolicited mail is the same as the junk that comes in your post, goes straight in the bin where it belongs.

When spam emails become a daily issue attempting to sort out genuine emails from the spam its time to look for a better solution.
    For me personally I would quite happily close all my email accounts.
    I agree, but as the thread is about effective email marketing I thought it was important to mention it shouldn't be dismissed purely as spam.