Thread: Duplicate Title

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Duplicate Title

Hi all,

I recently checked my website using a certain SEO tool, and the result surprised me as it says i did a lot of duplicate title for my pages.
    After i checked the details it shows that the result is due to the fact that I use the same button with the same link to my specified landing page, the configurator.
    The configurator is generating a different url when a certain personalization for example: www.domain.de/leather/?setfav=1&CONFIG[modus]=2&CONFIG[favs]=1 and www.domain.de/leather/?setfav=1&&CONFIG[Modell]=&CONFIG[modus]=2&CONFIG[favs]=6
    I am doing it on purpose with the button and link so the configurator is programmed, and with a click, people will be redirected to a setted configurator, but I dont see the point why it is categorized as duplicate title when it is the same page actually.
    The same result was shown too for www.domain.de/text, www.domain.de/text/. and www.domain.de//text. The tool reported that I use duplicate title 3 times, but the link shows up this way, and when i checked them out, they all work fine, and open up the same page actually.
    What did i do wrong here?
    Another thing is, I have 5 photo albums with the same title, but all canonical to the same landing page, and 2 out of these 5 photo albums show up as duplicate title, while the other 3 are all fine.
    Do any of you by chance know whats the cause too?
    Can anyone suggest a best practise to stop it? I am afraid to be penalized by google because of this.

Thank you.

Darwin
    Last edited by DarwinWiranda; Feb 16th, 2017 at 07:58 AM.
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Duplicate Title

I an not able you see anything here scared? What happened
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

OP probably tried to edit their thread after posting - our automated spam filter is very sensitive, so when it detects a newbie doing this it assumes it's a spam attack and places the thread into a moderation queue where it can't be seen.

Sorry about that - the thread has been re-approved so the first post should be visible again now.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : NP :)