1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs down Does Google Hate SEO ?

Hey Guys,

Hope some of you SEO folks have thought of this questions some or the other time in your lifetime!

Recently have been wondering about this question after Google has announced a lot of changes in their Ads layouts.
    Ads are growing their real estate on SERP day by day.

Along with this Google is pushing - Maps, knowledge graphs, direct answer snippets, play store links, etc, etc..
    All this have been pushing the organic results at the bottom every day, every update.

I think now Google will reduce the organic listing to 4-5 links and push everything above that - SEO folks
    life will become harder and harder!

Let me know your thoughts!
  3. No Profile Picture

Google does not hate SEO at all. Search Engine Optimization is the key to a site's success in this World Wide Web Consortium. However, I agree to your point on the increased involvement and effect of ads on SERP.

Having said that, I do not think, Google will reduce organic listing count to 4 or 5. While paid listing count still remains at 2 or 3, organic listing count will continue to dwell around 10 results per page.

However, what Google does hate a lot are sites with over optimized SEO techniques. This may include:
    1. Keyword stuffing.
    2. Acquiring paid backlinks.
    3. hidden links in HTML codes.
    4. Irrelevant outbound and sitewide links.

With respect to snippets, I think it is a useful tool to gain significant boost in website rankings, provided it hits the top search.
    I hope this answer helps and i will be glad if you share your thoughts on this answer as well.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What Google doesn't tell you or what they stoped showing is where you need to look, why do you think they stoped showing that stuff? Because that's what's being used.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Yes makes sense.

Also, Ad positions are 3-4 on top - which covers 1st fold of a desktop and also on mobile.

Very difficult for SEO's to get traffic.
    Over time I think it will become more and more competitive!

And truly said - Google hates spammers and not SEO's
  9. No Profile Picture

A thoughtful question!

Well, I can say that Google doesn't hate SEO but it definitely hates spamming and violating webmaster guidelines. SEO is a long-term strategy for any website. If your site is ranking on the top of SERP, it means you are acquiring most of the customers. If a website has strong SEO, it means they are abiding by the Google rules and building their domain credibility.
    On the other hand, it's true that paid results come on the first 4 and last 3 places on the search result page and the harsh reality is that Google earns most of its revenue from AdWords. It is getting new updates, new interface, and many other features. But, I don't think, Google will reduce the organic listing. AdWords is a short-term & instant medium to generate leads while SEO is still a long-term strategy.
    And talking about Google Rich Snippets, this feature is pretty cool & interactive.
  11. No Profile Picture

According to my research, Google always focuses on the SEO industry. Google regular connects with top leader's of SEO technology. Recently, Google has hired "Danny Sullivan". He is a founder of Search Engine Land, This publication always write about Google algorithm updates for SEO. Now Google special hire this person for SEO industry.
  13. Digital Marketing

Google sees organic ranks as a necessary evil and does everything it can to minimize the clicks it receives.
  15. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I would disagree that google hates SEO, in fact they love it. Having clean webpages that are friendly for their bot and easy to understand makes their life a lot easier.
    SEO benefits them and helps them deliver better results for their users so they will continue to help SEO users to a point.
    The issue comes in that SEO sometimes has a bad rep, many people trying to game the system, its that side of things they hate and are at war with, but trying to improve your site in a honest way they will applaud you for it.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  17. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Chedders
    I would disagree that google hates SEO, in fact they love it. Having clean webpages that are friendly for their bot and easy to understand makes their life a lot easier.
    Those 2 points are completely unrelated.

SEO benefits them and helps them deliver better results for their users so they will continue to help SEO users to a point.
    Google Washington DC Attorneys, what is there, 1 attorney in the organic results? How are they helping them?

The issue comes in that SEO sometimes has a bad rep, many people trying to game the system, its that side of things they hate and are at war with, but trying to improve your site in a honest way they will applaud you for it.
    Google's revenue increased 40% after all the sites were devalued after Penguin. What do you call that, tough love?
    Google loves making money above all else.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Oct 12th, 2017 at 02:13 PM.
  19. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I can fully appreciate what your saying here, I know when I had my directory we had what we called bulk data (organic results now) they were a necessary evil, we could have just filled the pages with paid advertising but there has to be a balance between earning money and providing results users want. Google face the same issues as I did, money v looking after users. I am sure they will push the paid side as far as they can but I would say they are close to the limit as far as showing paid listings.
    To back up the paid service they really do want the most suitable results for the users to keep them coming back so the more SEO friendly sites get the easier it is for them to achieve that. After all its about quality of results which they invest millions into providing.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare