1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does Google consider the whole web page for keyword calculation?

Hi there, can someone tell me what google consider while calculating the keyword density? Does it consider the whole page like navigation menu, recent post, related post, about us section, etc or it only considers the blog post?
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Google hasn't considered keyword density since the '90s
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

in 2009 maybe
    Google has moved on way past the point of keyword density. Google now understand context and meaning of a page, its skill is matching any request for information with the best most relevant answer in its index from billions of other pages. It does not count keywords. It understands a pages meaning plus also quality.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101
  7. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Chadders, when you say quality in the context of content then me to understand this it's linkable content or you have have different opinions on it?
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  9. Dinosaur

Google have produced a whole document defining what it considers quality. Its quite in depth. I have a printed copy of the mobile version somewhere. Grammar and spelling is very high on the list of things they check. On top of that they have things like user experience, which can also affect the quality of a page. For example text size and text colour contrast is checked, so how easy is the text content easy to read. I am sure their definition of a quality page changes almost weekly but what I was trying to say is producing a page and repeat your keyword some magic number of times will get a page to rank is just not how it works any more.

Back in the days of AltaVista I can well imagine that helping but google have really grown up of late.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinking 101
  11. Retired from SEO

Thank you for your insightful it sounds like website is being review by human beings not from the bots/machine.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  13. Dinosaur

I agree, its actually quite scary just how good googles AI is getting. I have posted this video a few times but every time I watch it I am shocked and in awe at the programming behind such a system.

Although this video is not directly related to the original question, I have posted it more to show the power of Googles AI which can appear very human like.
  15. Retired from SEO

After watching this video I am also surprised and now I can agree more with you that Google AI are more powerful than human...So now organic listing could more influence by the similar factors those could add real time value for human inluding your day to schedule, information etc.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Apr 16th, 2019 at 02:35 AM.