1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Decreasing Alexa Ranking

Hello Guys,

I have one Australian website whose alexa ranking(global) is decreasing since last two month it was 1,816,936 in April and now it is 3,151,321. although the traffic analysis from google analytics shows that the traffic is increasing I know alexa does not measure all data perfectly but still as per the traffic data. I already submitted some blogs, ppt, infographics, forums and bookmarking. Can any one tell me exact reason for that? My website is sxope.com.au
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Why on earth do you care? Are you planning to sell?

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees
  5. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jessicajones
    I know alexa does not measure all data perfectly but still as per the traffic data....
    Originally Posted by google/avangate.com
    The algorithm according to which Alexa traffic ranking is calculated, is simple...
    It is based on the amount of traffic recorded from users that have the Alexa toolbar installed over a period of three months.
    Originally Posted by jessicajones
    Can any one tell me exact reason for that?
    It's all down to how many visitors have alexa toolbar installed!
    That's got to be a minority of surfers in general (and with the rise of mobile surfing, will probably become even fewer)!

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : exactly
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  7. SEO Since 97

Or is your first post just a way to drop a link. You say on your site "Best SEO Company in Australia"
    and you come here with your first question about a drop in Alexa. Maybe you think it's a clever way to list your site.

I was going to delete your site but figured I'd leave it so anyone who checks you out will find this thread and hopefully will have second thoughts about hiring you. So I'll lock it instead.