1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Critique this strategy - Multiple Services at Multiple Locations

Hi Everyone, new to the forum here and hoping you all could let me know what you think of this strategy

I work for a company with 130 stores across the US and CA. Let's say for the sake of example it was a car painting service. For 10 years we have provided 1 service only at all locations. We also have a top 5 ranking (mostly 1-2) for that service at all locations ex: "Tampa car painting", "Houston car painting".

Currently we have our site with a services section like company.com/services/car painting and then a locations directory like company.com/car-painting-shops and then a separate page for each location with the domain structure like company.com/boston/ where that index page is optimized for our local search for car painting. These individual location pages bring in 80% of our traffic and leads.

We have now added 3 new services into the mix that we need to rank for at all of our locations. What i'm thinking of doing is changing out location pages from a single page for 1 service to be like

company.com/boston/ which would be optimized for the general category of what we provide for example "Boston Autobody". The page would have tabs on it like testimonials, map/directions, about the Boston Autobody, Boston Car Painting, Boston Wheel Repair, Boston Car Detailing, Boston A/C Repair.

When someone clicks on any of the non service tabs, it would keep them on the page and just switch the tab content, all optimized for the main category at that location. If someone clicks on one of the service tabs say it was "car painting" it would go to a nearly identical page, but with only the content related to Boston Car Painting, to optimize this page for that search. This page would show the other tabs, but clicking them would return you to the main location page.

I'm thinking based on the competitiveness, I will need separate pages for each service at each location. What do you all think of breaking it out like that?

My concern is the User Experience. I don't like the idea of having to load a new page for each service tab. What I was thinking is to just use javascript to load the content from the service page, into the main page, so users would get all content as tabbed content, but search engines would find each separate page. If someone arrived on the individual service page, I would redirect them with javascript to the main page. Would this considered black hat or totally legit?

Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

bump bump bump