1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cornerstone Approach, Internal Links

Hi,

I have a website which I setup in a cornerstone approach.
    The purpose of this website is to rank for only one keyword:

This is my website:
    ballonfahrtmallorca.com
    This is the keyword:
    ballonfahrt mallorca

So my understanding of this cornerstone approach / internal linking structure is the following:

I create a lot of pages with valuable content and link them back to the page which i want to rank for the keyword.
    In my case i simply link to the domain all the time, as i want people to land there.

I have a lot of ranking issues with this site, as discussed in another thread.

What puzzles me, is that my site ranks actually with other pages then the domain. That have only very few internal links pointing to them, like:

<snipped link>

I tried to have an internal link on almost everypage with the anker text of the keyword "ballonfahrt mallorca" linking to the domain.

Is there anything wrong with that?

Thanks in advance, Unkas
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jun 7th, 2017 at 03:55 AM.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I've never heard of the 'cornerstone approach' (sound like an 80's buzz-phrase)!
    The standard SEO approach is (outside of your site menu) to interlink your pages with targeted anchors to promote the recipient pages for those anchor text phrases, and every website has a home page, so they are all doing that anyway!

If you want your website home page to rank well for that phrase, it needs a lot more content than it has at the moment...

I don't know which url you linked to (you should have posted the url but not linked, then it wouldn't have been deleted), but I would say it's probably /ballonfahrt-auf-mallorca-am-morgen/

Look at it from google's POV... The home page or that page, which has the more useful content related to your keyword?
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jun 9th, 2017 at 10:18 PM.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]