1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Red face Comments/Reviews section for SEO boost

Does adding a comments or review section to website help with ranking better? I was thinking that when someone posts reviews they will naturally use keywords in their reply. Will that help with rankings?

Another thing I was curious about is I was reading that keyword stuffing is bad, which I'm a little hesitant on including the reviews section since many people will most likely use the keywords I'm targeting in their reviews. And if I get say a 100 reviews and each review uses the keyword, wouldn't crawlers find that as keyword stuffing?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Reviews tend to be fine, however the current thinking is they carry more weight if they come from a respected review site.
    There are quite a few trusted ones out there but a lot tend to charge huge amounts of money IMHO for this service. Google have their own which is free and you would like to think they trust themselves.
    So it could be argued that hosting the reviews yourself is less trustworthy as you can edit them, so directing your customers to google plus could be the better solution.

Thats all theory, and everything works in theory.
    IMHO
  5. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Even negative review works great. I have seen many sites those are showing top ranking in Google maps and parallel their negative review is showing.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with Chedders. We also direct customer reviews to our social media accounts- Google Plus and Facebook page. Aside from that, you can always hold off and moderate the reviews before they can be posted to your page.