1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Combine 2 websites or keep separated?

Hello,
    Our company has 2 websites. On one website you can 'rent' holiday houses and on the other website you can 'buy' the same holiday houses.
    www.bodelaeke.nl (buy)
    www.waterresortbodelaeke.nl (rent)

Is it better for de SEO/SEA to combine the 2 websites? I keep getting different answers from SEO companies in the Netherlands.

Thank you.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Bodelaeke
    Hello,
    Our company has 2 websites. On one website you can 'rent' holiday houses and on the other website you can 'buy' the same holiday houses.
    Home (buy)
    Welkom (rent)

Is it better for de SEO/SEA to combine the 2 websites? I keep getting different answers from SEO companies in the Netherlands.

Thank you.
    Both ways have advantages and both ways have disadvantages.

Ultimately if the same marketing team manages both properties neither property has the undivided attention of the team commonly making you short cut your way to success (twice).

Superb results for team Welkom means team Home is unhappy and willing to risk manipulative practices to push better results for Home but since that was so easy team Welkom wants to give it a try and eventually both domains will get devalued.

My expert opinion if the houses of Home are sold and the only difference to that is the same houses are rented at Welkom make a rental section on Home and 301 redirect to that page. Now you have a single team focusing 100% of their energies on a single domain thus getting it twice the people hours and the rental side isn't suffering either due to everything is internal linkage PLUS no potential to ever be devalued.

Don't take my word for it... ask those same experts in Netherlands that differ from my opinion, but pose a different question.

What is worth more to two competing business models. Two full-time loyal staffs or two part-time disloyal staff? Clearly if they decide the latter is better they are either lying or incompetent.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees