Thread: Client Portal

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Client Portal

Hi,

This is a follow up to http://forums.seochat.com/new-user-seo-questions-answers-123/helping-chiropractor-rank-492158.html.

After realizing a one-page site = poor SEO, I met with my client and hashed out a plan for a new site.

From her input, my designer and I came up with http://tinyurl.com/y94oeazw.

I have google analytics on her original site, and I was thinking to provide a client portal, where she can see how many people are visiting, however, I noticed the views are dropping, and I don't want her to give me a hard time if there are not a lot of visitors.

Has anyone created or used a client portal? If so, what do you guys think of offering her one?
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

If her visits are dropping on her current site then surely that proves the point that the one page site is not working.
    I see you have put up a multi page version on a sub domain of your site but that I would assume is not live yet

So yes you should be sharing the results that visitors are falling and give her a action plan of how your going to over come that issue. I would have thought that would include putting your version live.

Or am I missing your point. ?
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

One page websites are very hard to rank. I have to agree on that, but there are things you can do...

I am just making an observation....

I know you're redesigning the site, and I see you are porting the pages, but your h tag usage is not changing.

Part of the problem with your client's site.......

The following need some improvement. You should use keywords in the h tags....
    (I think the following are very poor choices)

You use 3 h1 tags....

Your h2-h6 tags ...

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

It does appear the the h tags have been used for styling and not for highlighting key text areas.
    When I looked at the site I saw many things that needed improving but the OP was not asking for help on that so I assumed the site was still in dev mode and not finished. But I agree there is a lot to do to optimize it

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  9. No Profile Picture

Yeah, a lot to do, I totally agree.

Most of the time when I see a one page site, the first thing I generally look at is how the page is setup. Meaning are they using article and section tags properly to bust the page up. A lot of folks do not understand html5 properly when they use these types of layouts. The proper use of those tags will make a difference.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi guys,

Thank you, let me clarify a bit. I am getting rid of first site - tinyurl.com/y8l2a6e2 . I learned that one page sites are hard to rank. Also, she just doesn't like it. It does have yoast, google analytics, and a theme by Puro.

I am rebuilding it at tinyurl.com/y94oeazw . It has multiple pages and she seems to like that it better. I have a different theme - Beaver Builder. I didn't install yoast or google analytics yet, since it's not living at her main URL. Waiting for client's final approval, then I'll move it over to tinyurl.com/y8l2a6e2 and add those plugins, maybe more if it makes sense.

The other day, I saw some traffic at tinyurl.com/y8l2a6e2 , so I thought to share a portal so she could see traffic. Granted I am new to all this. I checked again a few days later, and saw that they dropped, so I thought maybe to not offer it.

When you mention the h tags, are you referring to the first site - not the one I am redoing, right?
    Last edited by dzine; Aug 24th, 2017 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Delinked, then approved. Please don't post live links
  13. No Profile Picture

With the changes you are making, (including your h tags), the h tags previously were not optimal. They didn't in my opinion target the proper keywords.

I looked again at the site and see you are changing the h tags as well. Run the page thru Google adwords and see what Google thinks the site is about. That will give you some input on possible h tag content.

Now I will mention that your usage of "ESC" for a title is not optimal by a long shot.

Some off the hip suggestions....

Oakland Chiropractic Care - ESC (even this is too short in my opinion)

I think both of these are a little better ... Branding with ESC spelled out. The branding term also has a keyword in it....
    Also note I put the branding term last. Why, because "Equilibrium Spinal Care" has zero traffic as a keyword, but spinal care has traffic, low albeit... but a keyword none the less.

Oakland Chiropractic Care - Equilibrium Spinal Care
    Oakland Chiropractic Services - Equilibrium Spinal Care

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
  15. No Profile Picture

I actually didn't intentionally change any tags on purpose. I've been using that site builder, and adjusting their pre-built layout and components.

Run the page thru Google adwords
    What does that mean and how do I do that?

Regarding the usage of ESC, I just used that as interim copy. Thanks for letting me know of better wording. I've changed it.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by pranaman
    I actually didn't intentionally change any tags on purpose. I've been using that site builder, and adjusting their pre-built layout and components.

What does that mean and how do I do that?

Use the option "get ideas from website" to get an idea of what Google thinks the site is about.