1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Citation - Brand Name

Hi,

If a registered company name is say, Acme Limited, would you put 'Acme Limited' in page titles or just 'Acme'. I am updating citations to normalise listings where the brand appears and can see the company name is appearing in different ways. The company might answer the phone as 'Good Morning Acme'.

My understanding is that if the following citations exist for the same company:

Acme
    Acme Limited
    Acme Ltd

They are effectively being seen as different companies in search engines and could be harming my seo hence why I am looking to bring all the listings into line.

Look forward to your comments
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

For me personally I always stick to either Ltd or Limited but for the brand its typically without.
    So on the contact us page or footer I would put the full legal name and address but on the menu I would display what the company is known as i.e. the brand.

For example Boots, thats their brand and if you look at their website site its just called Boots. but in the footer it says Boots UK Limited. This is perfectly normal.
    IMHO
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ok, so visible on page stuff primarily stick to brand e.g Acme except in footers and contact pages but for Meta and Citations use actual company name e.g. Acme Ltd
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Typically if users are searching for the brand they would in my example search for Boots, they would not search for Boots UK Limited.
    They may of course which is why I tend to use the full legal name somewhere like the contact us / about us page which then should catch both,
    I would however not try and be clever with Ltd and Limited, I am sure google are clever enough and understand Ltd is a abbreviation of Limited but I would just use 1 version.
    IMHO