Thread: Career Change

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs up Career Change

I am new to this forum. I am looking to find out the place to get trained to do this type of work . I have been a retail and restaurant manager and district manager up to being a regional manager. I was hurt in an accident and can't do that type of work anymore. This came up in my search of a new career that I thought looks very promising that I would enjoy and able to do well.

So please any advice where to get honest training that won't waste my time or money would be a blessing to me and family as I transition to a new career.

Thank you sincerely
    Last edited by Tprather; Apr 19th, 2017 at 08:00 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

I recently went through this same transition (from Sales to SEO Analyst). I used two resources mainly.

1. udemy.com <----they have some good courses on their to make sure you like this kind of work for fairly cheap. NEVER pay full price (or more than $15) for a course. It WILL be on sale soon if it's not already, and you can probably find a coupon code as well.

2. Read the SEO forums. Moz has a 9-chapter SEO 'booklet' for the most part. Backlinko.com was a site that helped me really get started as well.

After getting a good grounding, I also purchased my own domain and used Wordpress.com to create a website. First hand experience will beat anything else, and allows you to play around with simple HTML which a lot of times you need for SEO. You can also practice writing copy/content with your own site as well, and will give you something to show future interviewers.

Good luck!
  5. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What region of the world are you in?
    If I were you I would study and get Adwords and Analytics Certified taking Google's courses. I would then take an entry level position at a legitimate digital marketing firm.
    If you are in the US and are cut out for this type of work that plan puts you 5 years from 6 figures annually.
  7. No Profile Picture

I am in the US. I live in South carolina. Where would I go to game these courses and what would be a normal time frame to complete the classes?

Thank you for information very much
  9. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Here you go: https://support.google.com/partners/.../3154326?hl=en I don't know if you have any experience so I don't know how long it would take.