1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can someone help me with a few questions?

Hi so I am super new to seo and spent about 20 dollars on my first domain and website host. I found a key word with 320 average searches a month according to Google Adwords and when I search that specific key word on google it comes up with relevant information but none of the big sites have that exact key word in the title/irl/description and I don't believe they even have it on any of there pages. I was wondering how hard it would be to become number 1/2/3 ranked up with thebig sites like webmd and such. Again I don't believe any of the sites of the 10 even use my keyword phrase. Also what is a good average monthly search for a keyword on a site you are trying to get affiliates with? Thank you for taking your time to read this and help out a young kid trying to get learn seo! Have a good day!
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi Dxown and welcome

A short answer is the lower the competition is the easier it is to rank for generally speaking which is why long tail phrases are popular and can start gaining you traffic.
    The number of searches is only a guide and its doubtful even if you hit position 1 that you will get 100% of the traffic, its normally around 30% and drops drastically the lower you are. So a lot depends on how many visitors you require to achieve your goals.

A good starting point is to read the stickies on this site, they are a great resource to kick start you but if you have anything your unsure about feel free to ask and I am sure the active members here will offer a helping hand.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Would you recommend that the long tail phrase is your website url?
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The positive gain is quite small, don't get over concerned about that. You are better off focusing on your content and site structure first then building links to the relevant pages.