1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can i start with free wordpress blog and then move to wordpress website?

Okay so my question is as it takes time to generate traffic so is it okayy if i start with a free wordpress blog and so seo on it and when i reach around 50 to 60k visitors per month then i will switch to wordpress website and register with good hosting company or doing so will ruin all my seo efforts and i have to start from beginning?
  3. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You will have to start over again, SEO-wise. The free WordPress is basically a subdomain of WordPress. You can't use a 301 because you don't "own" it. I would purchase a domain and host. Do the self-host WordPress version and then start your site.

With that said, good luck with getting those 50 to 60K visitors per month with a free or even a "paid" site.
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Hikin Mike
    You will have to start over again, SEO-wise. The free WordPress is basically a subdomain of WordPress. You can't use a 301 because you don't "own" it. I would purchase a domain and host. Do the self-host WordPress version and then start your site.

With that said, good luck with getting those 50 to 60K visitors per month with a free or even a "paid" site.
    well firstly thanx for ur response but i just don't get it that why everyone on this forum is so negative about getting good traffic dude i m not saying that i want to get 50k visitors over night ,i understand that this whole seo thing requires time and I am ready to give that time so all I want to say is that if u cnt encourage me thn atleast don't discourage me.
    Your welcome